Hep c

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus
Jul 22, 2024 4:38 am

Today was a bad day on these mavyret. Stoma bag filling up like crazy with smelly baby poop like smell. My legs have been cramping for the past week as well, but i can do this. I've come this far and with only 2 weeks to go. It's been a bit rough and im certainly counting down. My blood work says it's gone already. Amazing! 

Beachboy
Jul 22, 2024 7:56 am

Hello,

So far my wife is tolerating the Epclusa very well.  She gets her first blood test soon.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Beachboy
Jul 22, 2024 4:36 pm
Reply to Hisbiscus

So far my wife has has no side effect symptoms.  Her first blood test is coming up soon.  Will be great to be rid of the virus.  One less thing to worry about.

Glad to read you're nearly done.  Bravo for posting your experience.

Hisbiscus
Jul 22, 2024 10:30 pm
Reply to Beachboy

So glad to hear that she  got started and no side effects! Yay!!!! 

Yes I wanted to share the experience for others who may be afraid and I'm  an ostomate and if I can do it.....well  anyone can. 

Hisbiscus
Jul 27, 2024 4:30 pm

Tomorrow will leave one week to go! I cant bellieve it! It was a bit rough but not anything i could not handle. If i had to work i probably would have had a harder time. Its all worth it in the end. No more Hep C. Now i can flnally put that off my shoulders. I found out in 1995 and its been a worry since. Gone now!! AMEN!!

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Hisbiscus
Aug 01, 2024 6:19 am

Onky 2 more days of medication!! Yay!! 

Hisbiscus
Aug 03, 2024 6:04 pm

Massive diarrhea last night and got dehyrated. Had to go get fluids at ER. I only have one dose left but im not going to take it due to this diarrhea. The blood work says im cured anyhow so im done! Over see the hepatologist on the 14th

Hisbiscus
Aug 04, 2024 11:32 pm

My final review as an ostomate taking mavyret for the hep c is that it was not too bad.  Diahrrea got bad a few times so eat bananas and potatoes etc.. the output was smelly and at times smelled like chemicals  (probably the ingreidents in the meds i assume). Tiredness yes and good days and then bad days. I got by just following my body. If i felt tired i napped. I would say you might be able to push yourself and work but easier to just stay home. 

Joints were hurtung here and there but not sure if it was the weather or the pills. 

Overall i give mavyret a 10 rating as in ten being positive for an ostomate. 

Beachboy
Aug 05, 2024 6:35 am

Congrats on finishing treatment.  My wife had her bloodwork last week.  She is undetectable.  Yaaaa.  She now has 8 weeks to go.  So far no major side effects.  She's a little tired from time to time... and that's it.

Hisbiscus
Aug 07, 2024 7:40 pm
Reply to Beachboy

Thats great!!!! So happy for her! You had me confused with the name change for a minute! lol!!

Hisbiscus
Aug 12, 2024 4:10 am

I did bloodwork again on Friday and Hep C viral load came out undetected. My liver function is within normal range. I see the hepatologist this Wednesday. I'm feeling great energy little by little each day as this medicine is getting out of my system. 

Hisbiscus
Aug 25, 2024 12:32 pm

Had my follow up with my hepatologist on the 14th and he says I need to get another viral load test in November. He says if it comes out neg then I'm cured as most people are. 

I had to give him a hug and thank him as tears welled up in my eyes.