Can I Give Away Unused Ostomy Supplies?

Replies
Views
brane46
May 02, 2022 1:12 pm

I have several boxes of ostomoy deodorant that I'm not using and probably 5 boxes of flanges that are the wrong size. Am I allowed to give these away to someone willing to pay for shipping? I'm looking for someone who has to pay out of pocket for their product.

Abefroman1969
May 02, 2022 2:24 pm

Yes you can give away your unneeded supplies. I give mine to my home ostomy nurse who gives them to a nonprofit who distributes them to those in need.

If you are looking to give away here I’m sure you’ll get a private message from someone looking.

Its part about what I love about this site, the willingness of it’s members to help and support one another.

You could also post the flange sizes you want to give away, that could speed up the process

Best 

Abe

aka

Paul

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

AlexT
May 02, 2022 2:25 pm

Good luck. I tried giving away all the extra bags that I have and that I won’t use. Not 1 person was interested. Hope you find someone, no need for this type of stuff to go to waste. 

Pinkie pooh
May 02, 2022 2:27 pm

Hi brane46,

Of course, you paid for them. I have too bought some flanges that look like they are for a child, I wish my colostomy was that small, lol. Maybe someone might like these as well. I have given some to the hospital before but I would rather give to someone here who might need them.