Post-Colonoscopy Concerns: Dark Output and Rectal Bleeding

Replies
Views
lovely
May 04, 2022 8:36 pm

I had a colonoscopy  today and have a a couple of question. I thought after the procedure you would not have any output right after it was done because everything had been cleaned out. I have had some real dark watery output. Also I am having some bleeding from my rectum. Do they also check that. I have a colostomy.  Thanks for any information.

Past Member
May 04, 2022 8:48 pm

I wish I had answers for you, but I don't know. Is there a nurse at the hospital where you had it done at that you can call?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
May 04, 2022 9:44 pm

Any kind of bleeding after a colonoscopy should be reported to the doctor or medical staff who did the procedure.  Sometimes the scope can cause a bleed but it's best to check with the hospital staff for any follow up needed.

Footie97
May 04, 2022 11:12 pm

Lovely

I had several colonoscopies while I had my colostomy and they did check rectum and sigmoid colon.  I had small amounts of blood after the scopes.   I did not have any output until the next day.   If you are having bright red blood or more than just spots I would let your doctor/nurse know.  Good luck!

Clint

Axl
May 05, 2022 11:11 am

Hi lovely

In my experience small amounts of blood are from biopsy which are usually done while banging around in there. But yeah, if you have concerns, let them know.

Axl

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play