another surgery!!!#34

Replies
Views
sherrybear
Jul 08, 2013 12:43 am
Well I thought last June would of been my last surgery, well it isn't. I will be having another hernia that is so large you would think I was 4 months pregant!!! And I'm not. Last year I was in for 4mos. In and out of hospitals and nursing home. This time I already told them at Cleveland Clinic no nursing home this time. So all friends on site put a big prayer that this will be fixed and when they move my stoma it will all be good.So everyone have a good one and all be safe.

Mrs.A
Jul 08, 2013 2:23 am
Sending a prayer your way Sherrybear! Let us know how you make out.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

sherrybear
Jul 08, 2013 10:44 am
Thank you MRS.A.I have heard a lot of good things about you, so with your prayers I'll be alright.And I will let everyone know.
DBJ
Jul 09, 2013 12:44 am
Sending -positive thoughts your way. It is always hard when one has had so many surgeries. I have had 7 on my bladder and that was hard enough! Any on of us can get Hernia's.Let us know how you do!
Past Member
Jul 09, 2013 7:30 am
SherryBear, I to have a hernia that is large enough that makes me look very pregnant. It is difficult to find clothes that will fit including underwear! My surgeon has delayed any surgery because if he is going to repair the hernia he might as well consider a reversal at the same time. I've had my ileostomy for 6 years now. It was intended to be a temp for 3 months. I have seen many doctors and had numerous tests and no one wants to reverse it including the first surgeon who had put the ileostomy in backwards in the first place. Hopefully with this new surgeon I'll get the surgery I've been looking and waiting for. So best of wishes for you and your surgery and please let us know how you are doing. Hopefully this will be the surgery to end all surgeries!!! Cat

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
sherrybear
Jul 09, 2013 1:03 pm
Thank you, and I hope you get your surgery Cat. And will keep posted.!!!!!!!!
firedup
Jul 09, 2013 8:44 pm
Hey girlfriend, My thoughts are with you every day and I sincerely hope this surgery goes well for you. Let's hope it is the last one. Hugs sweetie. Now go have fun and scream your head off at the concert tonight! You deserve a good time.Gail
MavenMR
Jul 10, 2013 10:14 pm
My firm, Maven, has a client that is looking for ways to improve the quality of life for those living with colostomies or ileostomies and we are looking for people who are willing to share their experience in a paid, brief, confidential survey. The survey will take place online in approximately 4-6 weeks (August 2013).Maven is a web-based networking and consulting firm where members profit from what they know by participating in paid opportunities (surveys or telephone consultations) and sharing their knowledge with other professionals. It's free to join and simple to build your profile. If you would be in would be interested in participating in this survey, please click the link below to sign up on Maven.Click here to join: http://www.maven.co/join/bQFQJ2CxBest,Maureen RousseauAccount ManagerMaven Research, Inc.
hometown
Aug 07, 2013 5:58 am
Wow I have to say if you have had all those surgery's and came through them to talk about it you will have no problem with this one. Best of Luck