Stoma Prolapse and Surgery Experiences?

Replies
Views
mhf
May 12, 2022 6:01 pm

Hello.  My ileostomy was 25mm in diameter.  Believe I prolapsed this past weekend.  Now I am about 32 mm in diameter.  Wondering if anyone has had surgery to revise their stoma?  What was the recovery like.  Is anyone lifting weights at gym with prolapse?

Past Member
May 12, 2022 7:41 pm

Hi mhf, someone was just asking about that. Search for "Colostomy prolapse." Good luck.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Axl
May 13, 2022 4:23 am

Hello

Putting on weight will increase stoma diameter also, I have had mine re-done, but they cant make it smaller without relocating it.

Appliances wont stick to a surface scar so it all has to be removed which makes the stoma larger unfortunately.

I do light weights amongst other things but wear a elastic waist band while doing it. Recovery is just like any other abdominal surgery.

Axl

Login to see image