Toronto Woman Champions Ostomy Awareness Through Social Media

Replies
Views
Past Member
Feb 28, 2023 7:35 pm

I was reading an article today titled "Toronto woman uses the power of social media to raise ostomy awareness." Jessica Grossman started uncoverostomy.org in 2009 to share ostomy awareness. "Grossman recently celebrated her 20-year ostomy anniversary and was even featured in People magazine for her work to bring awareness to ostomies, and reduce the stigma surrounding the bag." 💪❤️

Here is the link to the article if anyone is interested: https://toronto.citynews.ca/2023/02/24/toronto-woman-ostomy-awareness/

Morning glory
Feb 28, 2023 7:44 pm

Thanks, Sally, interesting article. Jessica is an inspiration to put herself out there to educate others about a hidden but lifesaving procedure.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
Feb 28, 2023 8:15 pm
Reply to Morning glory

She really is an inspiration. 😍 I didn't even know what an ostomy was until I needed one.

Justbreathe
Mar 01, 2023 12:32 pm

You know I have to say it... Grossman... exposing ostomy awareness - seems fitting. jb