Why Do My Internal Disposable Bags Fill Up With Air?

Replies
Views
Bear
Jul 14, 2010 2:57 am
I have read a lot of positive things about the internal disposable bags.  Mine fill up with air very quickly.   Any ideas?
Past Member
Jul 15, 2010 12:02 am
Hi... internal disposable bags !!!!!!...never heard of them... could you elaberate. Under which ostomy condition are they normally used, with my illiostomy getting internal would be a real trick... or are you refering to an urostomy application ...etc. Thanks
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

lexus1
Jul 15, 2010 9:29 pm
sorry, mine is ileostomy and completely outside. I hope you can find the info you need tho. lex
shitzengiggles
Jul 16, 2010 2:03 am

'k first of all I think Mister Bear means internal as in inside the regular old colostomy bag , not inside him, although there are internal pouches those are made out of your own innards. If you're talking about the liner bags ( look at the colomagic ad  at the bottom of the pages or at the store page or do a search. you can get them from BC & I think South Carolina ,state side) Anyway Bear you poke holes with a pin up near the neck just where it comes thru the flange of the bag. Just little holes mind you. I'm thinking you use the pouches that have the vents?The wind will come out of the liner & then be vented thru the pouch vent The liners are great  to stretch the life of the pouches or if you're traveling. instead of draining your bag you just unsnap, yank it out and flush.  ( FYI  3lb freezer bags will do the job in a pinch.) I've used both but you have to be extra careful snapping up , make sure you get closed all the way 'round. I don't have insurance so I reuse my pouches. Rinse out the solids, soak over night in a pail with laundry soap a couple of splashes of bleach & I'm good to go again. I use the M9 or Adapt for odour & baby oil to making draining easier. The oil works like a charm & is very inexpensive. If you go to the colomajic site ,Bear, I think there's a pic to show you where to make the holes. Hope I was some help  
. Toodles