I am now back home in IOWA

Replies
Views
Putz
Aug 27, 2010 4:56 pm
Hi to all the ostomates out there,

Its been a long Trip, Left month ago for Ft. Polk LA., with a stop in AK. to see an old friend. Saw a wonderful sun raise as I left AR on highway 71 down to LA. Visited with grandbabies for the day. Then headed off to TX.  Was in killeen Tx for a good 2 weeks or so, Visted with some more grandbabies, Spent 5 days in San Antonio finishing permanent cosmetic school, then back to Ft. Hood..... Lots of sight seeing, great vacation... Was lucky this trip, Herman ( ostomy ) had no problems, even in the heat everything stayed on (105 to 113 every day), even went swimming with the grandkids..... Only thing I could of wished for was maybe a companion to make it all complete, But maybe some day, some where... there will be someone who can understand it all, and  accepting of who I am for me.... NOT of hERMAN!
loren4life
Aug 28, 2010 11:34 pm
Putz,

Welcome back to the GREAT state of IOWA!  

Login to see image

Sounds like you had a great trip!  I can tell you enjoyed the grand kids!  Aren't they fun.

The temp was definitely TX style!

Login to see image

I had a working trip once in 107 degrees and it was difficult keeping wafers to stick.  Guess I should just decide not to work over 95 degrees.  When I go on working trips I always take the recommended 2-3 times the supplies cause they don't last near as long

Login to see image

Loren

From Iowa
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.