I'm back!

Replies
Views
janee
Mar 17, 2011 10:38 pm
Hi everyone, I'm back and very much have my life on track. Some of you will remember my very debated post about a year ago, regarding the verbal abuse I was receiving from my husband. Well, finally after almost 41 years of marriage I could not handle it any longer. I was continually being told that I should not have had my ileo and was better off before it. Who the hell was he to judge, he could not possibly understand what it was like for me before. I doubt he will never know what it is like to have an accident in public! So, here I am on my own and looking forward to never having to put up with any more crap!.  I look forward to hearing from anyone else whose ostomy has placed extreme stress on their relationship. I put up with it for 6 years and I suppose it's like women who are physically abused, they stay and stay, because one day things might get better. Believe me a person is never going to change their personality. Look forward to hearing from you all again.
tippitop
Mar 18, 2011 12:12 am
Hi Janee,

I missed your original posts but what I read this evening has me furious! Angry that anyone could have treated you so badly.I am so so pleased that you had the strength and the courage to turn your life around, I know from my own experience how one can feel so hurt and rejected simply because you chose life.  

I shan't use all the platitudes which tempt me. I truly hope that others in a similar and devastating position take up the support you are offering.

An inspirational lady.

Much love and respect.

Tricia.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Mystified
Mar 18, 2011 5:12 pm
Really angry?  

Login to see image

Feeling abused because some doctor saved your life?  Ok...that was me.  Being rushed to the hospital by ambulance and not knowing a thing that was going on.  Hell...I don't even remember the ambulance guys putting me on the stretcher and hauling my ass to the hospital.

This was July 31, 2010 and since that date, I had a colonoscopy and had my butt closed off so that I now had to poop in a bag!  What in God's name is this all about?  I had no idea what was going on until August 3rd when they told me the doctor still had more surgery to do on me.

So...now I lay in a hospital bed not knowing what was to  come next.  I keep calling for the nurse or the aid to come in a change my bed because the little bag that was attached to my belly was so full it just exploded.

Login to see image

I don't understand where all of this poop is coming from.  I could  go for a week or even 10 days without doing any pooping job before having my ileostomy.

Now, on April 7th, I am scheduled for my reversal.  After the doctor checked out the parts that were or were not removed back in July, he said there would be no problem.  He would take care of the hernia that was growing under my stoma which has also grown.  I would only have to be in the hospital for 5 to 7 days and I would be all put back to normal.

Now, I'm scared because of the pending surgery.  I guess the anticipation of going back under anesthesia and the surgeon's skillful hands...I guess that's understandable!

Barbie

Login to see image

Past Member
Mar 18, 2011 8:03 pm
Barbie,

I am a man but I know what you are going through.

Actually it's more mental than physical.  

You have a few days of discomfort, treatable with

some morphine, (try it you'll like it,

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Then it is the mental and therapy.  Took me a month

to learn to walk again, I was in the hospital for three months.

But now I am like a new man, do all my own

gardening,  even crawled up in the attic  to do some repair work.

Please though, don't blame GOD.

Think of the alternative to having the surgery.?   Besides you still have a lot of time to get on with your life

God bless
mooza
Mar 19, 2011 8:28 pm
Hey janee looks like you got rid of some bad shite good for you darlz  xx havnt spoke to you yet ..Pat yaself on the back

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Bet the best bit of sh .,t u ever cleaned up...mare from australia  xx

Login to see image

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play