Recovery

Replies
Views
airforce1
Mar 19, 2011 2:57 am
Well i made it through surgery took 4 hours and i was told it was all go there at one stage.

I wasnt very well in recovery they called the surgeon back in not sure why he will tell us about it at my outpatient appointments.

Walking around like an old lady the stoma has been moved and old site stapled up have to watch for infection going to having a lye down
Past Member
Mar 19, 2011 12:08 pm
Yeeaaaa!!  Airforce!!,

Glad to see you are back  and that every thing went well.

Does that mean that you still have a stoma?

Are you eventually  going to have a reversal??

So many questions.

God bless and good flying.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Angel
Mar 19, 2011 9:31 pm
Hi Airforce 1

Im glad your surgery went well, so now lots of rest and healing keep us up to date on how you are doing god bless

Angel xx
airforce1
Mar 20, 2011 1:26 am
no i still have stoma it has been moved to other side
Mystified
Mar 20, 2011 4:07 pm
Hi Airforce 1.....Glad to see that you are back!  I hope you will start to feel better soon.

I have my reversal surgery on the 5th.  I'm half scared now that I know what is going on.

Mystified...Barbie

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
airforce1
Mar 20, 2011 11:04 pm
does any you guys ko whatcellutius looks like have a rash on my face ffor some reason
budd002
Mar 20, 2011 11:44 pm
Welcome back airforce1, so glad everything went well for you. Now your a Lefty instead of a Righty...lol

As for the rash, do they still have you on morphine or pain meds? This could be from that, I broke out with a rash on morphine had to change to Demerol.

Be sure to chillout and rest, don't over do it and go slow, it's not a race to see who has had the fastest healing time because there is NO PRIZE!!!

Take care and do as you are told!

Budd
airforce1
Mar 20, 2011 11:47 pm
will do sitting on couch with feet up still on morphine
budd002
Mar 21, 2011 4:17 am
Good! Hold your position!
Past Member
Mar 21, 2011 2:13 pm
Atta gal, Airforce,

good attitude,   and  I agree with Budd.  Switch to Demeral, fantastic stuff.

I told my Doc, that if ever I decided to become a dope head,  Demeral would be my choice!!

Glad you are faring well.
beatrice
Mar 22, 2011 4:56 pm
So glad to hear that you're doing well!
Traveling Lady
Mar 23, 2011 12:04 am
Welcome back AF, I hope you are recovering well.  Was wondering if they moved your stoma over to allow healing of the original site before performing a complete reversal in a few months?  They did that with me on my first go around and it worked well for 15 years.  Take care.
airforce1
Mar 23, 2011 1:08 am
dont know but have no feeling on that side where new stoma is sore where staples are and having cramps that will pass