Your blog entry title goes here

Replies
Views
butterfly9760
Mar 27, 2010 7:02 pm
Hey All,
Just got back from NYC, where I unerwent an experiment operation. The Dr's from Boston, Dartmoth, and MANY others after a year of trying were unable to treat my severe Iliostomy output which was caused from a simple surgery gone wrong. I was able to find a Dr that was willing to take the risk along with myself to TRY something new...I knew my risk going in however knew if it worked i'd not only be helping myself but others like me who were told " Nothing more we can do"..The operation was a success and I feel GREAT! They reversed the Iliostomy to a Colostomy which the other Dr's said could NOT be done as the Colon was not working...
banshie3by5
Mar 27, 2010 7:21 pm
Wow...way cool! Thanks for being a pioneer in this field!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

banshie3by5
Mar 27, 2010 7:28 pm
Did diet effect your output? I joke that I have a Sigmoid Ileostomy. Techinically it's a sigmoid colostomy and I don't even have an ileum, nor a couple other chunks. When I fed it like a cole- all I got was tons of liquid. (I can loose 9 pounds in 8hrs from fluid loss.) When I started feeding it like an ileo- things slowed WAY down. I came across the fedding/nutritional info in a British Nursing Journal when researching a paper for class.
lottagelady
Mar 27, 2010 8:16 pm
That is great, so pleased it has worked for you, well done! Rach xx