The 30,000th Best Selling Book on Amazon?

Replies
Views
narrator
Apr 27, 2010 1:25 am
Should Ihave gottenmore excited? My ostomy novel had for a year or two languished along on Amazon at about 2.4 millionth in sales, which isn't much higher than my unpublished books! Then a woman interviewed me and featured the book in Hollister's winter issue of the Secure Start newsletter. She praised the book so highly I was almost waiting for her to send me a bill for services rendered. In one sentence she compared me to Dan Brown, Arthur Conan Doyle and AgathaChristie. I mean, I think the book is good but come on...

I guess a lot of people receive the newsletter because it started selling on Amazon. It rose up to 30,000th in sales. That number still contains a lot of zeroes, but compared to 2,400,000, it felt like my book had been on the Oprah Ostomy Special. It stayed up there long enough that Amazon actually started selling it at a discount. I always thought that discount was due to a deal they cut with the publisher. Turns out it is based on copies sold. And not all that many, either. I learned something!

But the giddy heights of selling one or two copies a week (or however many it was) did not last. It slowly slid back down in salesand then the discount disappeared. Now it is back to 850,000th, soon perhaps to reach its earlier nadir of 2.4 million. I guess the movie deal just ain't happening.

The review is here.Is any book thisgood? http://www.hollister.com/us/files/pdfs/ss_newsletters/winter_2009.pdf
Past Member
Apr 27, 2010 1:19 pm
Well Peter, the answer to your question is "yes it is!". I have not long finished reading "Caught Holding the Bag" and I thoroughly enjoyed it, if you knew what an avid reader I am you would know what a compliment that is. I found it an interesting and intriguing read and not just because the main characters (Patti and Lorraine) are ostomates, it is a good mystery for anyone who likes a good story. Thanks for writing it!
Cheers, Jo x
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

narrator
Apr 28, 2010 10:14 am
I am glad you liked it, Jo. I believe it took the longest to write of my books. Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you thought. Everyone I have heard from so far has enjoyed it and I am always grateful to hear it. I hope you are enjoying your time in the U.S.