Wow! I am glad to be here

Replies
Views
JoyfulPromise
Nov 17, 2010 1:38 pm
I am brand new to this site and glad to find it. I wonder why I didn't find it sooner.
I am a born-again Christian lady who loves God and people. I am not a Bible Thumper and not always "on top" of my walk with God. Thank God for His Mercy and Grace.
I had my colostomy due to a birth defect that just never was corrected completly by surgery at birth and then again at 15. My first colostomy was in about January 2007. That stoma was very tiny and prolapsed. I had a revision in June 2007 and finally I am getting along well with this new way of life.
Recently, it was discovered in a routine colonoscopy that my incision hernia had grown and was looped around my colon and required repair. The surgeon has stated that this will be a very difficult surgery for me due to my colostomy and dangers of infection are multiplied. He said it is do-able but......I will probably be having this done after the holidays, in January.
I guess this is what made me come to this site after I got a marketing e-mail. I was hoping to find information regarding this situation and possibly other's input on their experiences with the hernias they may have experienced. I was also very glad to see that it is more than an "information" site. I love people and would love to make new friends who can relate to the life experiences we have all shared.
So God Bless Everyone and I am glad to have found this wonderful site. Please share anything you might know on the hernia circumstance and give me any advice on the best way to enjoy this site.
Past Member
Nov 19, 2010 11:16 am
hey, welcome to ostomate. "smile"
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

JoyfulPromise
Nov 19, 2010 12:29 pm
Thank you for the welcome! I am even more glad to be here today than yesterday. This site has some awesome people and I only wish I had found it sooner! I am looking forward to meeting more and more wonders on this site than anywhere ever before maybe in my life - God Bless You All!
goldengirl
Dec 01, 2010 2:23 am
Hi..wow..I'm having major hernia problems too..I have had 3 hernia surgeries..an now they found 2 more..one is huge below an one smaller on top..the big one is wrapped around my small intestines..the surgeon said its is another big surgery an he doesn't think I would survive it..ugh..so now Im living in limbo..he said if the pain gets too bad or I get another obstruction then emeregency surgery..meantime I pretty much can't do anything an I have to be very careful what I eat..needless to say I am a nervous wreck...I also have lupus an have problem walking..ugh..why ddes this keep happening..does anyone know..I guess I didn't give you any kind of info but when I saw your blog I felt a need to talk about what'[s going on with me..anyway..I am also so glad to have found this site i feel llike I belong..feels good..good luck iwth your surgery..lets us know who you are