Living with a Stoma Bag: My 3-Month Experience

Replies
Views
Walkers2010
Jan 26, 2011 1:35 am

Hi, my name is Chris. I have a stoma bag and it has worked miracles for me. I have had some leakages but have coped with them coolly. I have had a stoma bag for nearly three months now. I've been out at pubs and still drink the same as usual and have no hangovers at all, which is still cool. Eating is just the same, but I still keep a close eye on everything. My dad keeps worrying, and I tell him to stop. I stay with my mum and dad. Mum is okay about it, but dad still keeps nagging, but it's okay; I'm still coping with it all.

lynsie
Jan 30, 2011 3:12 am

Ileostomy for 5 months, enjoy my coolers, cigs. Was 105 lbs in August, now 130 lbs! Like to stay here... My bag needs draining quite a bit after eating, usually stay at home... Large stomach hernia due to 6 surgeries! As long as I chew thoroughly, I've been okay!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.