Healing Time before reversal surg

Replies
Views
hftjd001
Jun 03, 2011 4:03 pm
I'm 51 years old in relatively good shape. Had an emergency surgery for diverticulitis March 18th removing perferated segment of colon. I have a colostomy. Had to go back into hospital when I started having abdomen pain which turned out to be a diseased gallbladder and pancreitis. One side effect was pleural effusion around my lung. They drained a lite and a half fluid. Dr's didnot want to perform another surgery so soon so they told me they would remove galbladder at the time of my reversal surgery or 3 months from initial surgery. I'm at 11 weeks now feeling great but the colorectal surgen who is going to perform my reversal told my emergency surgeon that I will need to wait 6 months before he will reverse. Was wondering what the average wait time is for reversal surgery while also understanding I have a diseased galbladder that needs to come out. Was 230 lbs at time of initial surgery and lost 35lbs (don't recommend losing it this way) : )

hftjd001
Jun 20, 2011 7:52 pm
comments anyone?
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

a053628
Jul 12, 2011 12:04 pm
I hope you are doing well. I would think every one's heeling time is different. Di you have the reversal yet? I have had the colostomy for over 10 years now, its not the end of the world but if you are going to have it reversed the better for you. Once again I hope you are feeling well, take care, Ilene