It's in the Bag and Under the Covers

Replies
Views
administrator
Jun 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Login to see image

'It's in the Bag and Under the Covers' was written with the help of members from MeetAnOstoMate.com who shared their personal stories with Brenda Elsagher. Big thank you to all of you!

About the book

'It's in the Bag and Under the Covers' is the fourth book of the writer Brenda Elsagher. It is groundbreaking with stories of people with ostomies talking about dating, sex, intimacy and caregiving. They reveal an honest look at a previous taboo subject always hoping to help someone who is new to living life with an ostomy. Real stories by real people.

"This book provides a candid account of the challenges that ostomy patients face when they resume dating, intimacy, and sex. Their trials and tribulations tell the story of human courage and grace in the face of illness and unexpected change and the eventual triumph of love over adversity. This will ring true with all men and women who trade any type of major body image-altering surgery for a healthy life."

Judith L. Trudel, MD, FACS, FASCRS, Colon and Rectal Surgery Associates, St. Paul, MN; Clinical Professor of Surgery, Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, University of Minnesota

"Brenda hit one out of the ballpark again. What a wonderful compilation of real stories and real lives that leaves you feeling good about yourself and your situation. A must read for anyone with an ostomy, caring for, or loving someone with an ostomy."

Robert Rose RN, MS,NEA-BC, Chief Nursing Officer, Trinity Mother Frances Hospitals and Clinics, Tyler, Texas

"While reading these touching stories, it feels like reality TV inside a book. You are glimpsing into the private, intimate experiences of ostomates and their loved ones as they not only share but reassure that life does go on albeit several adjustments, mishaps, new coping skills, and attitude changes. These sincere authors of all ages, genders, nationalities, do candidly and unabashedly tune in to the most important point that having a pouch does not mean the end of the world."

Nancy Scott, RN, BSN, CWOCN, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida

--------------------------------------
About Brenda

Brenda Elsagher is a comedian, author, and national speaker who brings a joyful message in the face of adversity. At age 39, Brenda was diagnosed with colorectal cancer which gave her an opportunity to re-evaluate her life. It wasn't a cleaner house she sought, but to have more adventure, deeper relationships, and more fun! Every day became important and every hour became a choice on how she wanted to live it. A small business woman for many years, she pursued her love of comedy only to find out that it was keynote speaking that was her passion and destiny.

Visit Brenda Elsagher's website.

See all of Brenda's books.

Past Member
Jun 16, 2011 1:04 am
Thanks for sharing.....
Beg
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
Oct 11, 2011 8:18 am
Should be made into a documentary / film. Done correctly this would raise awareness and desensitise people to what really should not be such a taboo subject.
Titi
Aug 09, 2012 2:53 pm
I love that idea...THE FILM! and I am more than welcome to do my part... :)
bernie
Oct 16, 2014 10:53 am
people heath zanesville ohio

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
vorcy1942
Jan 29, 2023 5:44 am
Do you want to check rates yourself? Visit statistics project help and do it. Enter all information about your future order and know how much it will cost. To be short, I'm happy with the quality of help provided by the company's experts. I see that these people deserve to be called professional writers. I had a small conversation with the assigned expert, and it was enough for me to understand his background, his approaches to work, and assess the quality of papers he wrote earlier.