Spray Tanning Before a Big Graduation Party

Replies
Views
Nataliaandeliz
Apr 03, 2019 12:37 am

My huge graduation party is coming up and for my family this is huge.... I feel so pale so I want to get a spray tan but I dont know if that is ok, obvisouly I would wear appliances and wafer but would it work?

Past Member
Apr 03, 2019 3:20 pm

I would think it would work fine.  Just make sure that none of that stuff gets on your stoma.  The pouches are water proof, so I wouldn't think anything would get in.  But..to be on the safe side, I mighy even put a little padding inside the pouch over the stoma, just to make sure.  I'd also ask my doctor..He/she should know if there is any risk....  Have a great graduation party and congratulations!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Puppyluv56
Apr 03, 2019 3:48 pm

That is a good question. Wonder if it would interfere with the adhesive when you reapply a pouch. Doubtful that you could get it in the exact space every time. Have not seen the question on here before but I am sure it would be valuable to others to know! 

Puppy

Past Member
Apr 03, 2019 7:05 pm

Judging by your photo, taking it's a recent one, you look just fine! I wouldn't worry too much about fake tans, just be yourself. Putting more focus on it only adds to more insecurities. And also people will most likely make most of the pictures with silly filters anyway. 

Morning glory
Apr 03, 2019 8:17 pm

Congratulations 🎈🎉 on your upcoming graduation. I don’t see why the spray tan wouldn’t work for you. 

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Vikingthor
Apr 08, 2019 8:31 pm

Having a spray tan should make not an iota of difference to your ostomy. I had a Sub Total colectomy ( Ileostomy)  16 months ago! So What?! I'm still alive and kicking!! We are still all Human,we're not Aliens from another world! The only difference is that we have our arses on our abdomens! 😂

jaykay75
Apr 08, 2019 10:55 pm

I have an ileostomy and have had spray tans for special occasions. No big deal. I didn't have any issues with adhesives at all.