Saw an Ostomy Nurse...............

Replies
Views
peaches
Aug 26, 2011 12:02 pm
Great news! I don't need a revision. My skin is a mess under my bag because the bag is not fitting me the way it should. Seems the stoma has taken on a new shape, oval, and the opening needs to be cut larger. She put me on a new appliance, prescribed a anti-fungal powder to be used when I change and no-sting skin prep. 2 layers each before the bag. Getting used to the bag and feeling more secure everyday. Waiting for my supplies to come in the mail. It will be a welcome change. I'm very happy.

Peaches

cee
Aug 26, 2011 2:17 pm
Wonderful!! I have been having similar problems. Wen I measured my stoma it was smaller...one inch down to 7/8ths. I called Convatec to see if they made a smaller flange. The first ting the woman said on the pone was Perhaps you need the stoma moved. Huh? She did give me a good tip. Cut a piece out of the Eakins ring so it looks like the letter C and form a smaller ring. That as helped a lot. And the sample should be here today. Great to be free of that pain!!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

MrsO
Aug 26, 2011 4:36 pm
hi peaches,just read your story and very pleased to hear you are getting on well. i wish you the best of luck with your new appliance. mrs o xx
Greenville
Aug 27, 2011 1:27 am
Hi peaches. I am fairly new to this site, I use a hollister product tha t has the floating flange it has been fantastic for me the say less is best I use combated skinbarrierthat goes on like a wipe it protects the skin the I place stomadhesive powder around it, I also change my appliance every 2 days and also use alkcare adhesive removed on myskin after removing I have had a couple of issues but I feel like mine are due to the heat for me the pouch has been soft to my skin and the flange works great. No cutting fairly new product. Hope this helps I am on my 5th month now and have been undergoing adjuvant therapy I was stage ii I have an illeostomy but finally had to get everthing removed in march, Has been a rough road but could be worse I am thankful
Greenville
Aug 27, 2011 1:27 am
Sorry can't type tonight convatec is the skin barrier product

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play