Happy Thanksgiving from the UK

Replies
Views
Franicaa
Nov 24, 2011 2:38 am
Ok, I know we don't celebrate it here but, I just wanna wish all you Americans out there a Happy Thanksgiving =)

And it's got me thinking what I would be thankful for. So here it is, I'm thankful to finally have my life back even with the bag there permanently, I had gotten used to it and now I don't have to miss it, I can just be "unique" and free of pain or uncertainty. I'm also thankful that I've managed to get back to college and ace the exams I missed (I got an A in a Math paper I did so I was super happy about that too). I'm also thankful that my family and friends are all well and happy, and things for all of us can start getting back to "normal" now I'm not in hospital anymore.

I'm also thankful to this site really. This year I have met a few people from here who I would love to get to know better. People like that definitely make me wanna save up some money and get traveling, even if it's just to meet them in person. Thanks to this site, I know I've met people who are going to have a huge impact on my life...even if they don't know it yet.

Feel free to share what you're all thankful for this year =) I'd love to hear some more positivity on this site! (if you hadn't guessed I'm extremely happy 99% of the time =D)

MrsO
Nov 24, 2011 10:23 am
hi franicaa,what a great blog. its nice to take time out from our busy lives and think about what we are thankful for.i too am thankful for the support on this site, to be happy and healthy and to be back to 'normal'. i'm also thankful to have my husband, my friends and my family. xx
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Bill
Nov 24, 2011 2:47 pm
Hello Franicaa,What a lovely idea to wish a happy thanksgiving to all those who celebrate such a thing.I would certainly go along with that!. Well done in your exams. It must be hard to sit exams when things are not entirely as they should be in life. Your post is a timely reminder that we should all occasionally reflect on those things we are thankful for. I suppose I am one of the fortunate ones who opted to have an ostomy after many years of struggling with the reasons for having it. So I am actually thankful for that and the different life it has offered to me. At my time of life I feel thankful that I still have life itself along with the many positive things accrued along the way like family and memories. Being happy 99% of the time would be far too much for me but I have settled into a very comfortable 'contentment'. Best wishes Bill
Past Member
Nov 24, 2011 3:59 pm
Thanks sweet girl...we all have so-o-o much to be thankful for. Blessings to you all.....BEG
Past Member
Nov 24, 2011 9:34 pm
Well done Franicaa!! I'd like to echo your sentiments and thank everyone for their support here. Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!! Best Wishes, Colm

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Sel
Nov 28, 2011 11:18 pm
Well done Franicaa and keep the positive aura going. It helps. I am a 27 year cancer survivor, I love life, I travel a lot and have fun at work and on my travels. I meditate, swim, dance, walk a lot and exercise fortunately with my ostomy's cooperation most times. I am thankful for my husband who has been by my side and more as well as my family,friends and co-workers who have all trloved me and appreciated me and my positive thinking. Happy Thanks giving to you and yours, best wishes and God Bless - salu :)
dcrazy
Nov 29, 2011 10:08 am
keep up the good attitude if you can. Hey my dallas cowboys one for thansgiving( It's a football team ). Late happy thaksgiving.
Franicaa
Nov 29, 2011 10:39 pm
Packers won too! :D woo!
dcrazy
Nov 30, 2011 7:38 am
ugh a packers fan from the UK? j/k Well, they are looking good.
Franicaa
Nov 30, 2011 2:43 pm
They're doing so good this season! Woo! Packers all the way! lol
dcrazy
Jan 16, 2012 10:18 pm
well, they had a good run. I actually wanted to see t w// i'm a cowboys fan...hence name dcrazy. However, their done for the year. They had an off game from what i caught from it.
Franicaa
Jan 16, 2012 11:41 pm
Yeahhh :( disappointed but still so proud to be a Cheesehead!! Just an off day shame it was such a big game to lose!!