trip to hospital for stent

Replies
Views
crystaltips
Dec 06, 2011 12:54 pm
well after having appointment for pre op for stent removal after my hystrectomy went so wrong involving kidney damage and bowel being killed and ileo fitted the nurse started her questions for pre op. do you think you could be pregnant? mmm no i have no womb or ovaries oh right next are your bowels working ok? mmm no ipooh in a bag . have u any blood infections? well had two blood transfusions so i dont know........ do you think they look at your notes at all. she told me a date for op and this morning i got a letter saying another date lol

Past Member
Dec 06, 2011 8:02 pm
Hi lol sounds so familar all those questions,i can realte to what your saying, dont think notes are really read properly by anyone. Good thing we know more about ourselves than some of the proffesionals. tc ambies
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

fable3
Dec 06, 2011 11:14 pm
I really hate the question, 'Could you possible be pregnant?' especially after I just finished telling them that I had cervical cancer and during the hysterectomy the dr nicked my bowels. I feel like saying, YES! there is a miniscule chance in fucking hell that I could be pregnant after a radical hysterectomy, salpingdectomy, and oopherendectomy; however, I am very polite and simply repond with a quiet no... :(
mooza
Dec 07, 2011 2:13 pm
OMG girls lets do it ..im waiting for pre admin in 100000 years but when they ask me im going to say yes 9 months then get all excited and say aww do u think im having a girl or boy hahaha then they tick the part about having mental issues probably wouldnt bother asking that one omg i have too do it ...but its called Protocol one nurse actually changed the part about how much i smoked like how many a day i said 7 she said how bout we double that (she was a smoker too) i cracked up so much i had tears hahahah i mean what if i did have only 7 a day HMMMMM ..:) thanks honestly im going to say 9 months bugger it i just wont get the baby bonus LOLOL XXXXX
cee
Dec 07, 2011 7:58 pm
When i went through my numerous operations and the pre-op questions they always asked me if I could be pregnant. No, I told them I had radiation and was sterilized. No matter...I had to pee in a cup and do a pregnancy test for them. Standard Practice on any woman under the age of 50. After 50 they believed you. I wonder what the cost to the hospital was of all those useless pregnancy tests?

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play