Welcome to my Blog

Replies
Views
greggiegreg
Jan 09, 2014 5:55 pm
Hello Everyone

My first entry l have lived with a colostomy and an urostomy for over 45 years and have never seen an ostomy on an other person. Sort of feels like I am the only person in the world with an ostomy

blessedtobealive50
Jan 15, 2014 8:06 am
Hi Greg,I am glad you posted!! You are alone. I have my ile back again since Sept 2013. Had my first one March 2009 that was hard for me then. I had to get mine because of cancer. I am in remission now. But had complications in Sept after a colonoscopy. I am glad I have it now and can deal with it much better now then before. Even my kids (ages 14 n 11) come and help me with it when I need help. Or when they are checking on me to see if I need any help
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

greggiegreg
Jan 19, 2014 7:30 am
I been looking after mine since i was a child as a male i find the older i get the more i notice them I try not to let my ostomies stop me from every day life but for the most part i deal with them ok chat to u again
stillsmiling
Feb 09, 2014 1:29 am
You are NOT alone! We are everywhere!It's good when we can find Support to counter the ignorance and rejection we sometimes find when we take the chance to reveal our condition to someone. No.... I am not dying, OR: a female who used to be a man, untouchable (well, you know), or contagious!
greggiegreg
Feb 11, 2014 5:16 am
I hear u there I'm starting to see Ostomy's are all around Have yet to meet a female with one tho lol any way have a good day greggiegreg

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play