UK OSTOMATES

Replies
Views
Carolw
Jun 30, 2011 8:58 pm
Hi, wondering if anyone is going to the Dansac Voice Life Road show at Manchester City FC on the 15th of Sept.All details are on the Colostomy Association websit under "whats on"Tickets are free and it starts at 9-30 untill 4.30 with a play(STILL ME WAVING).It traveling up and down the country but as I live in North Wales the Manchester show is the closest for me so if anyone is thinking of going I would love to meet up with you

Login to see image

JohnNotKen
Jul 01, 2011 8:55 am
i might if im not busy organising things thats day
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Carolw
Jul 01, 2011 10:58 pm
If you can make it let me know,be nice to meet up with people of this site x
Bill
Jul 02, 2011 7:22 am
Hello Carolw,

My wife and I attended their roadshow at Luton Hoo earlier this year with and we found it very instructive as well as being given a range of samples. (including a pair of decent curved scissors with rounded ends!)

The theatre group were very entertaining and their presentation was humorous, heartwarming, moving and amusing.

We would certainly recommend going to the roadshow if only to see this play.

Best wishes

Bill
Carolw
Jul 04, 2011 8:20 am
Oh,Thanks Bill,I am looking forward to going,for me this is the turning point of a new start of life,no looking back naw just going to enjoy a fresh start and make the most of every day,If your ever visiting North Wales would love to meet up with you both.X

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
57 goingon17
Jul 04, 2011 8:26 am
Hi Carol, I would re-iterate what Bill said; I went to the Cardiff show and found the play to be very moving. It wasn't quite a mirror image of my own experience, though it rang true for many of the audience members but where it was relevant to me, personally they had it spot on. There were some good exhibitors and some freebies to be had. I have been to a couple of these open days and would particularly recommend the Hollister one if/when it comes round your way. Good luck to all for the future, regards, Keith.
Carolw
Jul 04, 2011 11:12 am
Thank you Keith,I will look out for that one

Login to see image

x