Update on my reversal

Replies
Views
latina63
Nov 14, 2012 2:38 am
Well it has been 4 wks since my reversal and it is finally getting better! The first 2ks after surgery were the worse, there was alot of gas, diarrhea and pain. My surgeon put me on Neurontin for nerve pain and it has helped,, I now have about 4-5 BM a day but they are all close together, none at night, my colon is adjusting! I add new foods everyday but very small amounts, salads tear me up LOL so I go easy on them but cooked veggies I tolerate well. The pain is easing every day (thank God) and I am very thankful for everything. I am going out more and the other day I went to the bathroom in a store and went to empty my bag only to remember that all I had to do was pull my skirt up and go LOL! That was quite a good feeling I have to say. I have a wonderful husband of 33 yrs and an awesome family who has helped me so much thru this whole ordeal. I want to wish all of you the best of luck and blessings, something always comes out good of everything that happens in life, good or bad.

dcrazy
Nov 14, 2012 5:19 am
Glad things are going good. Hope they progress...you are doing better than the normal- keep it up- I am sure ppl would like to stay updated. Have a good day- Dcrazy.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

notexpectingthis
Nov 15, 2012 3:26 am
AWESOME spoken with so much love appreciation!!! I am 2 1/2 month out of reversal the salad still tears me up!!! I am so thankful to be ALIVE thankful to GOD for your success to my friend!!!
dcrazy
Nov 15, 2012 4:21 am
No prob and GL.- Dcrazy.
latina63
Nov 19, 2012 4:20 am
Today I only had one BM and no pain! Thanking God for the good days which are getting to be more and more

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
dcrazy
Nov 19, 2012 7:20 am
Good!
latina63
Dec 07, 2012 2:02 pm
Well it has being almost 8wks and things seem to improve every week, maybe not daily but I take every good day happily! Because of where the tumor was in my rectum I now have LARS (lower anterior resection syndrome). But from what I have read and heard it will gradually improve until it goes totally away. So..until then I will thank God for every good day
dcrazy
Jan 31, 2013 9:50 am
Awesome to that you have a good husband from your writing and family. Well glad your improving every week. Been bogged down with stress- back at school and rehabbing shoulder, and workin out- which both are part time jobs in themselves lol. However, hey you got the family in place, now it's your health,=- which glad is getting better. Don't you hate when they find that one extra thing lol? It will just make you stronger and appreciate it and the journey as well more.- Dcrazy- Rick Bitty.
latina63
Nov 15, 2013 3:28 am
Wow! Can't believe it has been over a year since my reversal! Everything is so much better, I have 2-5 BM a day sometimes less and sometimes more. No more pain during BM except on a rare occasion, still can't sit for long periods of time without aching like crazy! I have a small stricture so I have to pretty much take Miralax everyday or I will stop up for sure. Don't you just love this website, you can talk about butts, poop, and guts! LOL