Food food food

Replies
Views
Gothfairy
Nov 20, 2012 1:35 pm
well today I saw a new stoma nurse in a new part of the country - admittedly it has taken me six months to arrange contact but better late than never. My new nurse was amazing, she took me through all the different types of bag as apparently the one I am using is not ideal and there are now new ones to try.

The best news she could give me was about my diet. I had been told a huge list of things that i couldn't eat - fresh fruit, veg, salad etc and consequently for the best part of three years I have been eating a seriously restricted diet. I have now been told that this was the sort of diet i should have been eating only whilst I was recovering.

So to cut my ramblings short - i can now eat whatever i want!!!!!

Past Member
Nov 20, 2012 3:43 pm
I'm pleased you have found a good stoma nurse. If you have any problems Satls and most of the other home delivery company's have community stoma nurses that will visit you at home. It must of been driving you mad being on a restricted diet for 3 years, a lot of doctors and nurses scare the hell out of us at first saying you will never eat this or that again but most of us can eat anything without any problems.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Bill
Nov 21, 2012 8:28 am
Hello Gothfairy.I managed to get a good stoma nurse from the outset and I can vouch for the fact that they are well worth a visit. Mine gives very practical advice on all sorts of things including what certain, specific doctors will and will not do. I don't visit her very often now but she she has been non-judgmental and very helpful with my various experiments and inventions - to the point where she has on occasions raided her stores to find materials to help me make prototypes. Consequently I cannot praise her enough. You are indeed fortunate to have found a good one. Best wishes Bill
Mrs.A
Nov 27, 2012 2:36 am
Wow, that's wonderful news, hope you enjoy many wonderful meals, snacks and treats!
Past Member
Dec 30, 2012 1:16 am
I would like to know where you found an ostomy nurse! I've been looking for one for months, to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play