Having surgery in july

Replies
Views
cherylem
Mar 28, 2013 7:35 pm
Im having surgery in july afte 2 long years of having a ileostomey. Iam a little scared about this reversal, surgery but the dr said I have to have it done now or i will have problems with it later on. has anyone had a reversal done and was it sucessful?" also what are some of the problems encountered with a reverseal? Thanks , any ifo or input will be mostley welcomed

cheryle

Trish513
Mar 29, 2013 12:23 am
Hi CheryleHow come you are having a reversal after only 2 years?? I have had my ileostomy for 13 years after very pain fistulas from crohns disease, and never told I would need a reversal.Trish
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

cherylem
Apr 08, 2013 5:04 pm
my dr said id be entering the hospital a lot with this because its closing..i had a sm bowel blockage about 2 years ago and they had to give me a ileostomy but was supposed to have a reversal within a year but I had other illness that had to be dealt with first
nomorpills
May 09, 2013 1:29 am
Maybe a 2nd opinion would be appropriate. I was advised wait five yes and glad I did . I had problems at just over 5 and had I had the J-pouch there would have been risk of much more complication. I don't know ware you are but one of the best surgions is in the Ft. Worth area. Burleson.