bad to worse

Replies
Views
Gothfairy
May 09, 2013 6:16 pm
Thank you to everyone for your kind messages of support.

I really thought I had a supportive partner, unfortunately not. Just when I am feeling at my lowest, i have had to move out of my home and move 100 miles to live with my parents. Literally took a small suitcase with virtually nothing but my bag supplies.

I have totally lost all faith in people now and after having my heart broken twice in about 4 years i have vowed to never even look at another man again.

It is so hard not sinking into the depths of depression.

Past Member
May 09, 2013 10:45 pm
Gothfairy, I'll give it to you straight because sometimes i need to be told the same thing- lighten up! I know life can be hard, and we've all been there. It can be heartbreaking to have your support system and your loved ones leave your side. But you cant go living your life like some greek tragedy claiming to be in the depths of dispair.. tomorrow is only a day away, and its a new day. You gotta stay positive and hold onto hope. Depression isn't a solution. My advice? After you finish your 4th or 5th tub of icecream, go out and do something just for you! Go buy a new sexy outfit! Go do something you wished youd done when you were 16- like dye your hair blue! whatever you want- do something impulsive and crazy that will make you feel awesome! go skydiving, or speed dating! Go to the beach or out camping- make a mini vacation! Just make sure you dont get down on yourself. No one has the right to make you feel like you should cry- so dont let them! Go out and see what life's all about and have fun! Now im not saying go out and become a party addict- but i am saying, just enjoy life. and smile. The hard times dont last forever. Also, dont swear off men for the rest of your life- they aren't all bad. Many men have been hurt the same way by women. When in doubt- get a cat. ahha.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

mitdad
May 10, 2013 1:27 am
Hi GF. I agree with Cinderella. First get a sweet cat! Just adopted Olive a 1 year old female. Does not meow , just makes squeaky sounds ..unconditional love. A little dry food, water and a place to poop. Daughter also has Crohn's and still holding of on surgery as Cimzia seems to be helping. I saw Dr. Crohn himself over 50 years ago in NY. What an ugly looking man but at least he researched it with his associate Dr. Ginsberg the surgeon. Do not swear off on the male species as you WILL meet the right guy. We are out there. It will occur when you least expect it. Try to change your routine. Go or do something different. Treat your self and your folks. Only positive thoughts. Barry
WOUNDED DOE
May 10, 2013 5:53 am
I also understand entirely and love the posts here. Sometimes I think I am the last faithful person on the face of this earth......but then again.....that just cannot be a logical statistic, can it?? I was always encouraged to start over and never give up, and I did try....if one person doesn't show enough interest, there are always many more waiting to be at the door it seems...but what a disaster my last attempt turned out to be.....good thing for my friends and my fur babies getting me through, they are the glue that hold me together.Rest for awhile if you need to, but remember there are good people and good situations out there, harder to find sometimes,...and other times they might be right under your nose ;) In the meantime you gotta do what you gotta do....another example, I am currently attempting to line up a new Housemate because I cannot financially live alone anymore either and I hope to have an arrangement before the next snow falls, it's a matter of survival and I don't have much time to waste in getting a plan down...it does make it more difficult to 'move on' however, when one is trying to attempt a new Relationship with someone and there is someone renting space in your home,or, if you are in someone elses home sharing expenses, but most people understand we are all in different situations and we simply must get by, somehow....and often times it is more difficult for women to do so....just be careful and don't trust too quick, and as a cherished friend of mine told me not long ago, do a background check on people before getting too close......I LOVE the comments above :):) Cheer up dear, there will be more options to explore, we go through many Transitions in Life and everything will be ok ;)Lots of love!! xoxoxo!!~Doe
beautifullyblessed
May 27, 2013 9:22 am
Thanks to you all for such a great topic and all the great responses...I'm in a similar situation but my lack of support is my immediate Family. I've been dealing with several medical issues for the past 12 years and the lack of support appear to have decrease then increase. In the beginning in took a serious affect on me and I couldn't understand why they just didn't get what I've been going through I even gave them information on every heath issue I had, even invited them to support groups. They just choices not to be a part of my life regardless of how many times the doctors said I had weeks or months to live...but I'm grateful for my spirituality and my faith. I had to stop depending on them and depend on my higher power which whom I call God... and reach out to those who understood the health issues that I was going through. I woke up everyday not taking life for granted and just being grateful for opening my eyes

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Supertwin2
Jun 08, 2013 3:25 am
blessed, I feel u, just got out of a ten year relationship, don't know if colostomy had anything to do with it, weve been having problems for a while but I believe it does, no matter what he says, but im good, I don't chase them I replace them but im gonna be single, cant imagine a man wanting someone with colostomy, I wont fid out cause I don't take rejection well, but I really don't want a man now, focused on me and feeling free and happy most of the time, lonely sometimes but im good!!!!
beautifullyblessed
Jun 11, 2013 2:21 am
supertwin2 believe it or not their real men out there, but we have to love our selves and every part of us first before we expect someone else too...once that self confidence is back girl it feels awesome. girl I'm A DIVA...lol. girl my self esteem is through the roof...toni(stoma name) and I be looking good girl he be acting up sometime and want to blow bubbles at people(PAST GAS) I just laugh and say oh that's my son and keep it moving LMBO....LOL.