Does Wine Help with Digestion and Appetite?

Replies
Views
rosebud621
Jul 16, 2024 9:01 pm

Thank you everyone for responding to eating in restaurants. My post now is "WINE" does it agree with everyone? I find it relaxes my intestines and I absorb more food. It also stimulates my appetite.

Justbreathe
Jul 16, 2024 11:00 pm

Ileostomy here... Occasionally, I will have a glass of wine and it causes me no grief. I do limit myself to only one (not like the old days)... just remember what they say about having too many glasses... "In wine there is truth." ๐Ÿฅด jb

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

xnine
Jul 17, 2024 12:35 am

Yes, I get a few bucks back when I take my returns to the depot.

AlexT
Jul 17, 2024 12:39 am

Wine is gross.๐Ÿคฎ Carry onโ€ฆ๐Ÿ˜

Anne_Shirley
Jul 17, 2024 12:50 am

I tried a hard seltzer and threw up almost immediately, 5 months post total colectomy. I was sick as a dog. Luckily, I'm in Massachusetts where I can legally consume marijuana.

If I can give any advice, it's ditch the booze. It's poison, even in small amounts. I'm not trying to preach or condemn anyone; to each their own. I just personally struggled for years and broke free in 2018. The seltzer was a great reminder that I do not need it and it's truly awful for us.

Best of luck either way.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ Jo
Jul 17, 2024 1:16 am

Never had any issues with an ileo and enjoying a tipple or two. Red wine can go straight through (if I eat beforehand, it's fine).

I do prefer a G&T; there are so many delicious varieties of gin now, it's hard not to try a sample (or three!).

Last summer, I found the wonderful refreshing delight that is an Aperol spritz, highly recommend this (Aperol, Prosecco, and a splash of soda water over ice) - tastebuds buzzing at the thought of it!

Chin chin! ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿน

ย 

Login to see image

ย 

kittybou
Jul 17, 2024 1:23 am

I can't drink something that smells like a dirty litter box. No thanks. Don't care how expensive it is.

IGGIE
Jul 17, 2024 4:27 am
Reply to kittybou

Where the hell do you get wine that smells like a litter box? You should buy Australian wine, best in the world. I'll drink to that. Regards, IGGIE

๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ Jo
Jul 17, 2024 4:45 am
Reply to IGGIE

Was thinking the same thing. Some cheap plonk from overseas may have the aroma of cat's pee, but even the cheapest Australian vin cardboardeaux ("goon") smells like grapes and tastes just fine! ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿท๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฅ‚โœจ๐Ÿ˜Ž

ron in mich
Jul 17, 2024 12:59 pm

Hi all, no wine for me; it goes through me like prune juice. Now, a Captain and Coke really does the trick for me.

Justbreathe
Jul 17, 2024 5:39 pm
Reply to ron in mich

Now you're talking my language... jb

Waiting for this... quite possibly the real breakfast of champions!

Login to see image

Mysterious Mose
Jul 17, 2024 8:06 pm
Reply to Justbreathe

Wine is an instant headache for me, so I never touch it. Of course, that is easy for me as I do not use any sort of alcohol. Well, okay. Maybe an occasional sip of 7-year-old Havana Club. But given the fact that I have to leave the country to buy it or pay an arm and a leg for shipping fees, the sips are very occasional. :-)

Daniel

xnine
Jul 17, 2024 9:08 pm
Reply to Mysterious Mose

We have Havana Club in Canada.

Mysterious Mose
Jul 17, 2024 9:55 pm
Reply to xnine

Yes. Canadians are not frightened of Cuba.

Jayne
Jul 19, 2024 12:22 am
Reply to Mysterious Mose

;-)

Bilbo baggins
Jul 20, 2024 4:44 pm
Reply to IGGIE

Australian Chardonnay Yummy ๐Ÿ˜‹

imsafanwa
Jul 20, 2024 7:00 pm

Not wine, but a bit of bourbon and water relaxes me more effectively than anything I've gotten from the pharmacy.

Your mileage may vary.

rlevineia
Jul 21, 2024 1:45 pm
Reply to Anne_Shirley

Osteomates are warned to avoid carbonated drinks. I loved imported beer. As an ex-Brooklynite, I love egg creams. No more! Gas cramps and busted pouches suck.

AlexT
Jul 21, 2024 1:52 pm
Reply to rlevineia

I drink carbonated drinks all the time, no real issues. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ