Rosie does europe

Replies
Views
Rosiesmom
Jun 14, 2015 11:05 am
hi everyone Rosiesmom here. Rosie (my stoma) and I are currently in England. We just spent 12 days in Scotland. She is being a real trooper adjusting to international flights different foods time changes the whole shebang. This is our biggest challenge since we became a team in 2014 I am so proud of both of us it makes me know that there is normal life after cancer and colostomy yeah us. My fervent prayer is that my fellow ostomies are as fortunate.

ron in mich
Jun 14, 2015 2:38 pm
hi I found traveling with my ileo. had more to do with timing and not over indulging in eating or drinking, with longer layovers at airports to be better. my wife and I are thinking about a trip to the UK as both of us have ancestors from there.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Bill
Jun 17, 2015 5:21 am
Hello Rosiesmom. Thanks for the update on your trip. I'm always interested in how fellow ostomates get on when travelling. My problems when travelling are only partly to do with the stoma stuff. I suffer with sleep apnoea and have to have a CPAP machine. With this and the stoma equipment, I feel the amount of luggage that I would now have to lug around is a little too daunting. If you are in England and would like somewhere to bed down for the night you would be most welcome at our place. If you send me a 'message' I will be able to reply with my details. Best wishes Bill
Rosiesmom
Jun 17, 2015 11:57 am
Bill thank you for your kind offer, however we are just about to leave England. Next stop Ireland. I wish you could find a way to streamline all your equipment so that you could travel. I will keep hoping you can.
junoz
Jun 17, 2015 1:56 pm
Hello from Australia Rosiesmom. I wanted to say thank you for your post.Our situations are very similar,except that I have not progressed anywhere near to where you are yet, 6 months down the track post surgery. You are a couple of years older than I am though and you are indeed an inspiration and that is what I need at the moment! As I dont have anyone to travel with, I would like to do some solo travelling when I feel healthy and active enough to do so. It would be lovely to hear of some of your adventures.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Rosiesmom
Jun 18, 2015 6:23 am
Hi, well Rosie and I are of to Ireland on Sunday. So far we are doing well, of course Rosies baritone voice has inserted itself into a couple of occasions lol I just tell folk she is female and must let herself be know. Hey what else can you say it is what it is. Let's see if she picks up an accent on this trip. Will check back soon God bless, rosiesmom
LadyHope
Jun 19, 2015 2:07 am
Thank you so much for sharing your courage, strenth and hope. My family is from England and my very good friend lives in Scotland. I've been to both countries pre-ostomy several times and loved it. I am beginning to gather up the courage to travel there once again. Keep us posted on your travels. It sounds like you and Rosie are having a ball. Enjoy the delicious hot tea, crumpets, clotted cream and jam... one of my favorite afternoon snacks. Take care. LH
Rosiesmom
Jun 28, 2015 4:59 pm
Hi everyone Well Rosie and I retuned stateside last nigh after a grueling 24 hrs. Pooped (no pun intended) but glad to be home. My Rosie was a real trooper. I always keep my diet bland and minimal before flights or long car journeys and it really helps. Ireland was our last leg, OMG it is amazing I never thought anywhere could match my beautiful Scotland but Donegal gave it a run for the money. Our cottage overlooked the Atlantic, the warmth of the people is genuine. Went to see the book of Kelly's at trinity College Dublin. Magnificent. My daughter in law now wants to move to Scot. Eng. and Ireland lol. I read Tricia's acct. of her recent foray into traveling and was appalled at the treatment she rec,vd.at customs security. Ignorance of our situation is no excuse. We need better training for security staff, Rosie and I were fortunate to deal with knowledgeable staffs. Good to be home love to all.