A day in the life of Erik part 2 .five years later

Replies
Views
Tall geoff
Aug 27, 2015 4:54 pm
Well im back again its been 5 year since my last blog well ....what’s happened since

I'm now 42 I’ve had 5 operations and now awaiting my 6th i keeping getting hernias I’ve have had my stoma moved to the left side last year.

just now to get two hernias one on both side im getting fed up with them keep operating year after year just to get nowhere ,,

why do they keep doing this to my body and getting nowhere maybe im at the wrong hospital not having much luck here well have my opp next month fingers crossed it goes well this time .

still looking for my princess as people seam to run away due to not working staying at my parents and having a stoma as well ,

Well how things change 10 years ago i was married 30k a year job happy with two kids now I’m divorced not working and living at home.

How life has changed for me since I’ve had my stoma but hey life goes on I’m alive that’s the important thing here,,

Still looking for my princess if your reading and like get in touch lol

Bill
Sep 02, 2015 4:04 pm
Hello Geoff. Thanks for blogging and updating us! Hernias are not the pleasantest of things to try to sort out and from what I can gather the doctors have not yet perfected anywhere near an acceptable procedure to deal with them. Personally I have opted out of the 'more-surgery' route and am trying to cope with what I've got in the best way I can. It doesn't always work but neither does the surgery. I hope that your next surgery goes well enough for you not to require any more after that.Best wishes Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Arkangeluz
Sep 10, 2015 7:59 pm
Hi Tall geoff, Have my Ileostomy since 2010, been having problems with periostomal hernias, on October 1st my Dr. will be repairing my hernia again, this is going to be the forth time. I getting tired of this.
Gaostomyguy
Oct 31, 2018 12:32 am
How are you guys getting the hernia s, what are you do doing to cause them? The one I just had repaired was due to me lifting something too soon after my first operation. I follow a couple guys over in the UK that are bodybuilders and in the gym all the time I don't understand how they don't get hernias