Starting a new life..

Replies
Views
slippery5442
Oct 25, 2015 4:39 pm
My ulcerative colitis started back in 2002 , I had many flare ups did the medicines which didn't work, I even moved to Florida to get away from stress, didn't work , I did quit smoking and I'm pretty sure that me quitting smoking opened up Pandora's box.. Well I moved backed Massachusetts to my sisters which flare ups was like every other day some OK others I needed to be in hospital then my sister told me I needed to move out because I was bleeding and not cleaning up after flare ups which wasn't true.. So I moved out and moved to Maine my brother let me stay with him, I got medica treatments really fast, have a great primary care doctor ,right away we got a gastro doctor who did my first colonoscopy he found I had many ulcer's in my colon, we discuss the meds weren't doing any good so I decided to have the operation in 2005 had to go into hospital 2 weeks prior so they could build up my vitamin had low blood count etc..was only to be there for one week, ended up 6 weeks I wasn't discharging from my stoma so the doctor figure send me home and it might start up, a week later was in emergency room stomach out looked like I drink 10 cases of beer,back in hospital another week it worked I got used to emptying my bag my rectum was still bleeding and I got a hernia at my stoma back to hospital in 2006 close up right side put on left close up rectum fix belly button hernia while I was there..now itts 2015 I'm doing much better its hard to keep fluids, I have type2 diabetes and many other medical issues which I deal with on my own.. My family thinks I do this to get attention, that's not true..I wear a one and a quarter pounch system cymed awesome pounches , well that's me I'm single and just looking for friends nothing more ...thanks for reading

Bill
Oct 26, 2015 11:27 am
Hello slippery5442. Thanks for sharing your story. I do find it interesting to read other people's accounts of how they ended up with a stoma. It's a strange phenomenon when people think that something like this is done to get attention. I find that this is sometimes a reaction from those who have not had a lot of experience of their own with regard to illnesses so in a sense it is a form of 'ignorance'. Of course there are others who simply have no capacity for empathy and so cannot envisage their own lives where everything is not hunky dory. Anyway there are plenty of people on this site who are looking for the same things that you are and have had similar experiences so hopefully you will continue to communicate. Best wishes Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

slippery5442
Oct 26, 2015 4:18 pm
Thank you for the kind words ...my dad nickname me slippery 40 yr ago it stuck..