The scourge of Pouchitis

Replies
Views
Mayoman
Sep 20, 2016 6:53 pm
HI there fellow baggers.

. For people who have a De-Functioned J-Pouch. J-Pouch is still attached to Stoma but NOT to the Anus.

. The evil Pouchitis attacked again but I beat the crap out of it lol !!

First weapon is Flagyl . I took 200 mg X 2 twice a day for five days and that got rid of it.

. I normally use "Absorbagel" packs in the bag every time I empty. This prevents fluid from entering the de-functioned J-Pouch. Fecal fluid leaking through stoma ( 2nd opening) into J-Pouch causes Pouchitis.

For one night I did not use the Absorbagel packs and the Pouchitis began the next day. I religiously use the Gel packs ( 3 ) every night All it took was skipping one night to get the Pouchitis fired up !!

The output is always just like water but with the gel packs it is so thick ( like pudding ) that it cannot get sucked into the internal Pouch.

I know I've posted about this before but I think it's worth repeating. Pouchitis will knock you on your Ass and cause great pain.

Best wishes to all , Stay Dry and enjoy your life in any way that gives you joy or brings joy to others...we're not here for very long so bitching and moaning is of no use.....even if I do it all the time myself !! A bit of whining , venting can be good sometimes....right ?

Right now I'm getting a lot of joy from life and lots of sun. You will hear my whining when I get back to the nasty Irish winter lol 😁....that too will pass so I'll keep smiling...😊

Cal / The SF Bay Area is so beautiful this time of year, from now to Christmas.

Bettyjoe
Sep 20, 2016 9:14 pm
I really like your attitude. Keep it going.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Mayoman
Sep 20, 2016 9:57 pm
Thank you Bettyjoe. The nice California weather helps... A Lot !! Lol ???? The fluid absorbing gel packs really prevent regular leaks as well. Feeling great right now. Best wishes, Magoo XO