Francis the talking mule

Replies
Views
Texasbbw
Oct 30, 2016 11:16 pm
I am 14+ weeks post surgery. 07/21/16 I woke up from sugery with a colostomy due to diverticulitis with an abscess. I'mon a couple of sites (besides MAO) that are focused on my "condition." What I have noticed (both on here and other sites) is that a lot of people "name" their stoma and I decided that it was time that I named mine also.

A few days ago I was reading a post about the "noises" these things make at the most inopportune moment. Mine is no exception --- I'll be sitting at my desk and off "she" goes ---- talking to the world --- no output --- just NOISE !!! (some might call it "farting" but I would like to be a bit more PC and call it just "noise"... LOL)

That led me to the name I am giving my stoma.

Friends meet ----- Francis the talking mule !!

Francis ---- meet my friends on MAO !!

AussieJo
Oct 30, 2016 11:28 pm
I actually watched Francis on dvd last week lol. It is a bit disconcerting not having control over the noise but thankfully mine seems to do it late at night . (My 10 yo daughter's favourite word is fart lol).
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Bill
Nov 01, 2016 10:37 am
The time to worry is when you start talking back to it!
Past Member
Nov 05, 2016 12:15 am
I love it! I'm not going to name mine so 've I'll soon be having my reversal but I think I'd call it PITA because to me that's whst it is. Nothing will make me happier than waking up with PITA home forever. I can't imagine living my life in this much pain forever. JMHO