3 bags full?

Replies
Views
Panko
Mar 05, 2022 12:44 pm
Hi I thought I would share my 3 favourite bags which are all great for no leakage & small,medium & big output.

My number one bag is the "SALTS BE Confidence Drainable in black or beige with a flange 13-75mm that sticks very well with no harsh pull off, I love this bag as it has the little tongue on the poop shoot making it so easy to empty without out put shooting 7 ways & the poop-shoot fold up back into the underside of bag making it look even smaller & a good Velcro locking system!

my number 2 bag is the Oakmed as it to has great grab factor & easy peel off but also I like the bulbous shape of bag as it feels great to wear & 20-90mm flange so plenty of grab factor too but only draw back they do not make a Drainable bag in this size??

Finall the big daddy of bags the "Dansac Nova Easyfold 1 piece Drainable bag it has a 15-90mm flange again & great if you're stoma is sticking out or prolapsed like mine & takes up nearly half the volume of a standard bag? I was lucky my stoma nurse found these as my stoma was getting out of order size wise & kept having leaks as there was not room in the bag for 2 - stone & output! Just so glad I've had these the last few months until I get my op to put it back in with the hernia behind it pushing it out! I can't wait to get back to the SALTS bags but in an ideal world I wish I had the Salts bags but the shape of the Oakmad bags as would be perfect combo??

You can look & compare these 3 bags on my profile as I could not upload them here?? 
I also put up a pic of my prolapsed stoma & hernia!!

Not for the faint hearted??

TerryLT
Mar 05, 2022 10:34 pm
Hi Panko, I looked at the pic you posted of your prolapse and I can relate. When I had my colostomy, my stoma prolapsed really badly, more than yours. The pain was incredible because nothing could pass through. In the ER, they had to put me under anesthetic twice for the doctor to get it to go back in, but he finally succeeded, avoiding surgery. It didn't happen again, but then I got the ileo, and no problems so far, fingers crossed. I wasn't clear from your post, are you having surgery to correct this and the hernia? I sure hope so, because I can't imagine how difficult it must be to live with it prolapsed like that. As far as being faint hearted, you probably won't find many of us ostomates to be in that category!!

Take care,
Terry
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Panko
Mar 06, 2022 1:52 am
Hi, wow could not imagine putting something like that back in with fingers??
Yes I need an operation as there is also a big hernia behind it so that needs addressing too.
But first I need to get the ok from my cardiologist who I've been referred to as I was due to have
A minor op last July but this abnormal ecg come back before op so had to postpone it until my ticker
Has been investigated? I've had angiogram & echogram in November & last week had a stress test & rest test
And waiting the results of all these so I can get this thing back in my body?? As I had been taking a medicine since
1987 it caused an oncocytoma tumour on my right kidney that was removed 18 months ago then 12 months ago had
another tumour that was a met from my bowel cancer removed & the surgeon cut my larynx nerve so it was permanently open
So had no voice for 6 months only just got one now that was the op in July to repair my voice box?? The kidney was benign thank God
And my ct scan results this week for 3 monthly one was all clear which it's been since last February 21 when had lung op!
I do not have pain with my prolapsed stoma only when I eat spicy food! But it's a pain in the arse cos it takes up half the bag hence the big Dansac bags,
TerryLT
Mar 06, 2022 8:37 pm
OMG Panko, you have gone through so much, and are dealing with so much. You are an inspiration with your positive attitude and sense of humour. I don't even want to know what they did to get my prolapse back in and I'm sure glad I wasn't conscious. When I came out of the anesthetic the first time, they said they hadn't succeeded and they were getting another doctor to come who might be able to do it. This other guy came in and took a look at it (there was probably a good five inches of it) and said, "Oh yeah, I can get that back in there!". As I was being put back "under" I heard one of the doctors say "have you got the sugar?". I've heard that plain white sugar is often used to get prolapses to retract. When I woke up, I was covered in very watery red liquid, which the doctor insisted wasn't blood, so what was it? Who knows? Never happened again, but then I got rid of the colostomy and got the ileo soon after. I hope they clear you for your surgery soon.

Terry