Donating Ostomy Supplies in Long Island, NY

Replies
Views
perlgirl84
Apr 06, 2023 4:40 pm

I am searching and searching, but cannot seem to find a place in the Long Island, New York area, where I can donate new and unopened ostomy supplies. I know that the supplies tend to be expensive, particularly for people with limited or no insurance, and I am determined not to discard them. Can anyone give me any assistance as to how/where I can donate them?

Riva
Apr 06, 2023 5:10 pm

Check out: Ostomy Association of New York. I believe their number is 212-864-1968. Good luck.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

perlgirl84
Apr 06, 2023 6:32 pm
Reply to Riva

Thanks for your help... I left a message on their answering machine and hopefully they will return my call with some information.

eefyjig
Apr 06, 2023 8:33 pm

https://www.kindredbox.org/donate-ostomy-supplies

https://ibuysupplies.com/ostomy/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw27mhBhC9ARIsAIFsETEHOeX4jGx5Gt_MCNlv8-STnVJCa1zxOt5CYYawfwsXaGuKuzYLk5gaAv88EALw_wcB

The second link brings you to a program that Convatec and Hollister have where they pay you for your unused and unexpired supplies.

By the way, I grew up in Smithtown!

OverWithThisOstomy-Maria
Apr 06, 2023 10:10 pm
Reply to perlgirl84

I am in much need of supplies. I can pay the shipping if you'd be willing to send them to me?

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Martin26
Apr 07, 2023 1:21 am
Reply to OverWithThisOstomy-Maria

What do you need? I have extra stuff that didn't work for me but might for you.

OverWithThisOstomy-Maria
Apr 07, 2023 7:06 am
Reply to Martin26

Hi there. I need lubricating deodorant, barrier strips, bags that are 1 3/4 or any 2-piece or 1-piece system.

OverWithThisOstomy-Maria
Apr 07, 2023 7:07 am
Reply to Martin26

Hi there. I need lubricating deodorant... barrier strips. Bags that are 1 3/4 or any 2-piece or 1-piece system and barrier rings.

IGGIE
Apr 11, 2023 3:05 pm

Give everything to your stoma nurse and she will distribute them where needed.