Frankie and Her Timely Need to Pass Gas Loudly

Replies
Views
Ostomy4life_22
Nov 03, 2023 1:30 am

Hello everyone.

I'm writing this out of sheer embarrassment, but it's kind of humorous at the same time. I work for Walmart, and I am very close to my front-end Team Lead. We all joke around, hang out with each other, and have each other's backs. This particular Team Lead is my guidance. He has my back, and I have his. Well, today he was in the office finishing up his paperwork, and I happened to be there. I'm speaking with him as he asked me if I wouldn't mind keeping tabs on the front end while he was trying to finish his paperwork and answering questions from cashiers and customers. So, I went to the office to ask for his input on a situation, and as I was sitting there, speaking with him, Frankie, as I call my ostomy, decided she wanted to let herself be known and passed the loudest gas ever. I was so embarrassed, and my Team Lead was like, "Goodness, do you want to shit yourself anymore?" And I said, "You know I'm embarrassed enough. I'm leaving now. Goodbye." So, needless to say, that was kind of a funny but embarrassing moment for me. I was hoping it would never happen, but it did, and thankfully, we both took it in stride and just laughed about it. But I just had a hard time looking at him for the rest of the day. But at the end of the day, he was like, "Don't feel embarrassed. Okay, I even passed gas," and I'm like, "Okay, thanks."

Beachboy
Nov 03, 2023 3:27 am

I was at CVS today picking up a prescription. And Herb... decided to shout. Poor cashier just stared at my... tummy lump. I just smiled and carried on.

Last Sunday after church, I was talking to a nice lady when... BRAPPPPPP. My stoma let loose. So loud I thought I detected an echo. I chuckled and said... "tummy relief valve."

With stomas, there's no such thing as "silent, but deadly."

Hang in there. There hasn't been a human born yet who doesn't fart. At least ours are funny.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,874 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Axl
Nov 03, 2023 3:50 am

You're lucky, mine makes no noise whatsoever...

I have to do the armpit thing...

Maried
Nov 03, 2023 4:34 am

Happens to all of us. Years from now, the memory will make you 😃 laugh. I just tell people I have extremely loud stomach rumblings and move on to the next subject. At least it does not stink up the room... it is still embarrassing :)

Mysterious Mose
Nov 03, 2023 3:56 pm

I used to work for a germaphobe, and I chuckle whenever I think of what his reaction would have been if I had my ostomy when I was working and this happened. Being who I am, I would have probably said something to make him cringe. And maybe a side effect would have been less micromanaging and crashing my staff meetings. :-)

Daniel

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Beachboy
Nov 04, 2023 6:21 am

All right... new product. Pacifier for stomas. Pop it in, chill it out.

infinitycastle52777
Nov 04, 2023 5:07 pm

That happened to me when I was getting checked in by a nurse to see a doctor (who was not my ostomy doctor), and I was totally embarrassed. The room was totally quiet while she was entering something into a computer, and my Marvin just let things rip. I was apologizing all over the place and explaining that it was my ostomy and that I can't control it. She was like "That's okay," and just went back to her work. I sat there for a good 5 minutes with a red-hot face. There is a silver lining to it though: the room didn't fill up with fart smell because it was all contained in my bag. LOL

Lee

Beachboy
Nov 04, 2023 6:59 pm

And we always have the option... around rowdy folks... give old Stomie a bag burp. It gets everyone's attention right away.

infinitycastle52777
Nov 05, 2023 2:56 am
Reply to Beachboy

I had to burp my bag in the ER one time. I was hooked up to an IV and was told not to move my arm. So, you can imagine how it went. I held the bag with one hand, and my mom, who was with me, used her hands to burp the bag. Fortunately, no one came into the room while this ordeal was going on. It was a real scene.

Lee