MARRIAGE

Replies
Views
HenryM
Jun 09, 2024 4:10 pm

WE JUST CELEBRATED our 56th anniversary.  I never expected to live this long, let alone reach a milestone such as this.  We met in 1966, married two years later (the day they buried RFK).  I haven’t much memory of what life was like living by myself (just like I have hardly any memory of life before ileostomy in ’64).  One of our adult daughters wondered the other day how we have lasted together this long when we have such different interests.  “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together,” wrote Dave Meurer.  “It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.”  We have gone with the flow, as it were.  My wife says you need two things for a good marriage:  a sense of humor, and a short memory (I won’t touch whatever this says about me).  We just went off to the coast for one night.  She needed to bring her laptop so that she had something to do after I fell asleep early.  

aTraveler
Jun 09, 2024 5:14 pm

I discovered this list.

Helpful marital phrases: 

“Thank you.” 

“Help me understand this.” 

“I can forgive you. Can you forgive me?” 

“I am committed to you.” 

“I like you.” 

I have been married for a score and 16 years, a full score less than you. Congrats Henry.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Kas
Jun 09, 2024 5:47 pm

Happy anniversary and congratulations!

DexieB
Jun 09, 2024 8:51 pm

Happy anniversary!  I just turned 52 and have been with my husband 36 years, married 31.  Your wife’s theory is right 😊

TerryLT
Jun 09, 2024 8:58 pm

Happy anniversary Henry!

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Beachboy
Jun 09, 2024 9:36 pm

I'm a newbie at 37 years.  It does seem to go by quick.  

AlexT
Jun 10, 2024 6:34 am

I’m sorry your wife has had to deal with you for that long. 😁 Congrats. 

Jayne
Jun 10, 2024 7:14 am

Congratulations - To You Both

warrior
Jun 10, 2024 8:09 am

Congrats Henry. Here's your reason , buddy.....

Does anyone see  " i age" in the word

Marriage. ? 🤦‍♂️

No wonder, huh!!

ron in mich
Jun 10, 2024 12:23 pm

Happy Anniversary, it will be 50 this year for my wife and me.

Doe1mama
Jun 16, 2024 1:21 pm

Congrats. It will be 53 years for us this week.

judithgrinsted
Jun 18, 2024 5:05 am

Snap! We married June 17 1967. Still together but life quieter now as we get older although we're actively involved with our grandchildren who keep us young. I'm now just completing my first year post osteotomy and luckily haven't had too much of a problem.🤞