Anyone with a parastomal hernia mesh repair?

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus
Jun 12, 2024 2:49 am

I had a mesh repair for 3 hernias. Two  parastomal and an umbilical. Sometimes when I bend down, say to wash my feet in the shower for instance, it feels like my intestines move and it hurts. It's not everytime I bend only on occasions.  I have to stand up straight for a few minutes to let them get back in place. This has happened several times.

My question is does this happen to anyone else?  I asked my surgeon about it last time I saw him but he did not seem concerned.  

AlexT
Jun 12, 2024 4:07 am

Lift your feet up to wash instead of bending down, duh. 😁 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Audrey Warren
Jun 12, 2024 11:46 am
Reply to AlexT

You've  used "duh" several times lately or had a condescending air. That's not typical. A little more empathy.

Hisbiscus
Jun 12, 2024 1:03 pm
Reply to AlexT

I do lift them but your still bending. Really?  DUH!!  

AlexT
Jun 12, 2024 2:14 pm
Reply to Audrey Warren

See the smilie face at the end of my reply, means I was joking, duh.  I hope you send the same reply to Hibiscus cause she even yelled it at me with writing it in capitals….DUH. However, even though her DUH was more meaningful than my duh, I still know her DUH was more like a jokingly DUH than my little old duh. Sometimes a little humor goes a long ways and can make a person crack a smile once in awhile and not be so uptight and stiff. Sorry that you can’t see my humor, but like I told you before when you sent me a PM about being the same thing, I’ll still sleep just fine at night. Hope you can relax, enjoy life , and try to smile once in awhile, it’s much better than being overly stiff. Have a good day. ☀️

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Hisbiscus
Jun 12, 2024 7:13 pm

🤣

Hisbiscus
Jun 12, 2024 7:16 pm

Ok back to the question..... Anyone else who had hernia repair that has experienced this ?

Mr.bonson
Jun 21, 2024 6:07 am
Reply to Hisbiscus

No no repair yet but car wreck has given me a hernia and getting worse daily if that happens to me I guess something else to look forward to is it better than having a hernia the repair that is?

Hisbiscus
Jun 21, 2024 10:50 pm
Reply to Mr.bonson

Well, the hernia repair was much needed.