Sunday in HB Central Park

Replies
Views
Beachboy
Jun 23, 2024 7:27 pm

A fine day here in Huntington Beach at Central Park. Sunny, few clouds, with a slight breeze. Having lunch at Park Bench Cafe on the grass surrounded by curious, hungry squirrels.

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Near the cafe...

Login to see image

Is a lake where ospreys hunt fish from on high, hummingbirds flirt here and there, and ducks waddle about... looking for a handout.

Login to see image

Another fine day courtesy of my colostomy.

AlexT
Jun 23, 2024 7:55 pm

Thanks BB. When my girlfriend sees these squirrel pictures I’ll be booking a flight to HB so we can watch those cool little F’ers and enjoy a new destination. 👍😁 😬

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Beachboy
Jun 23, 2024 8:44 pm
Reply to AlexT

I'm going to put together a pictorial visitor guide to Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, Newport, and Dana Point.  Really a nice place to visit.  

TerryLT
Jun 23, 2024 9:02 pm
Reply to AlexT

Alex, you have a girlfriend?  You've been holding out on us!  Happy for you!

Terry

Beachboy
Jun 23, 2024 9:14 pm

More Central Park pictures.

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Mysterious Mose
Jun 23, 2024 11:24 pm
Reply to AlexT

Funny how different people living in different places look on the squirrel in different ways. My friends in rural Arkansas would regularly shoot them, as they were considered pests. We made the mistake of having a concrete tile roof put on our previous house in a semi-rural area. The little buggers would get in the attics and cause my wife no end of agitation. I would trap them and transport them to an open space. But like my friends found in Arkansas, there is a never-ending supply of them. The only solution was to find where the roofers messed up. That was an adventure in itself, being that the house had 2 attics, neither of which were pleasant on sunny 90 degree days. :-(

Daniel

AlexT
Jun 24, 2024 6:55 am
Reply to TerryLT

You must have missed it, I've been lucky enough to have her for a while now.

AlexT
Jun 24, 2024 7:03 am
Reply to Mysterious Mose

Oh I’ve hunted/eaten them before but the city slicker ones are fun to watch and get a pass from me. Plus, I’d probably get a bruised arm if I suggested harming them. 😬😁

TerryLT
Jun 24, 2024 9:10 pm
Reply to AlexT

Well, I am delighted for you!  Lucky you and lucky her.  I assume she is a dog lover??

Terry

AlexT
Jun 24, 2024 10:10 pm
Reply to TerryLT

Yep, we now have 3 white Labradors to spoil. 

papaboo
Jun 25, 2024 2:47 am

Hello, BB,

Back in my youth 1961/1962 that was a tomato field and the lake was originally a gravel pit. They dug to deep and it filled up with water. We would go there and another one on Graham Ave by the Golf Course and catch crawdads. On the south side of the lake was an auto wrecking yard as the lake filled more it caused the cliff to cave and a few cars went in. Oh! Man the fun we had huntin rabbits and pheasants out in those fields. It is a wonder we came home alive

Jayne
Jun 25, 2024 1:02 pm

BB

Your pics are lovely

TY for sharing images

J

Beachboy
Jun 25, 2024 4:47 pm
Reply to papaboo

Thanks for the brief history of the park area.

My wife's family, going back to her grandparents, settled in Huntington Beach in the 1940's.  My wife's father and mother attended Huntington Beach high school.  Beach Blvd and Atlanta area where I live, used to be a large farm.  My wife's father worked for the farmer when he was a boy.  My housing complex was built in 1960, Atlanta Ave created to provide access to it.  Since land back then was relatively cheap, my complex is huge.  With large green belts. 

My home was built as a "summer home" for people living in LA county.  Before the 405 freeway was constructed, getting to Huntington was cumbersome. 

It's a great city, with an interesting history.

TerryLT
Jun 25, 2024 8:20 pm
Reply to AlexT

I want pictures!

AlexT
Jun 25, 2024 8:33 pm
Reply to TerryLT

There’s one in my profile. 

TerryLT
Jun 26, 2024 8:11 pm
Reply to AlexT

Gorgeous!

Marjatta
Jul 16, 2024 12:29 am

Thanks for posting this really good pictorial, BeachBoy!  What a pleasant way to spend a Sunday ... I almost feel like I was there, too!

M

xo