Exploring Convatec's New Pouch Options - Grey Cloth Available

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus
Jun 26, 2024 10:15 pm

So, I got an email about this pouch. Gave them a call to try it out. They have them with a grey cloth as well. I always like clear.

Thought I'd post in case anyone else is interested in calling in and requesting a sample.

Login to see image

Login to see image

kittybou
Jun 26, 2024 10:41 pm

😸Thank you!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Morning glory
Jun 27, 2024 3:30 pm

Thanks

Rose Bud 🌹
Jun 28, 2024 11:09 am

My Experience with Them

Pros: They're nice, the wafer (base plate) doesn't itch the skin like some of the paper tape ones do.

It does stop leaks from leaking out onto your skin and clothes. (Of course, not 100%, but a huge difference before it becomes a problem...even at night.)

The material is really soft and you can't hear it moving like some. It moves with your body.

Great for uneven skin around stomas. (I have a huge scar where my base tape usually has to cover and can wrinkle and start to get loose. These mold to the shape and didn't come loose.)

The design is shaped and smaller than regular bags. Nice when your stoma is below belly button level.

The vent doesn't leak. Didn't even need the cover stickers.

Can be used with or without a barrier ring. (I still used mine.)

Cons: Limited precut sizes, but also come cut yourself.

High Output Stomas: You'll need to empty more due to the shape of the bag.

Only comes in one piece, not two-piece systems.

Bags do start to fray at the bottom after 3 days or so. (If you get the opaque ones.)

Bags don't dry fast after showering. Even with a hair dryer (recommend a shower cover).

Samples will only come in clear bags. Opaque bags are grey/brown color with a peek-a-boo window and vent.

Overall: They're worth trying. I did like them a lot for a one-piece system. Nice when wanting to wear under shorter clothes, dressing up, or swimming.

Disappointed only because I have high output. I noticed I had to empty almost twice as much.

Didn't cause redness under the base plate or itching (at least for me...paper tape occasionally does).

Morning glory
Jun 28, 2024 11:41 am
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

Great review. I appreciate it.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
cheryl112358
Jul 13, 2024 12:13 pm

I am an ostomy newbie and ConvaTec called me yesterday and they are sending me one of these to try. I will post my thoughts after receiving them - not that I know much about anything yet.