Supermaned by a Four-Year-Old - Post-Op Healing Concerns

Replies
Views
Welltree
Jul 03, 2024 3:33 am

My 4-year-old nephew Supermaned me on Father's Day, around the 6-week post-op time. I was starting to feel better. I feel like I am now sore and set back from his blow.

Has anyone experienced being hit in the abdomen, and did it cause any sort of issues for healing? I'm worried it could delay my reversal.

Σ(゚д゚lll)

Ben38
Jul 03, 2024 5:57 am

Not as soon after surgery as you, but many times by nieces, nephews, and now great nieces... and a few women jumping on my stomach 😉 never caused any problems. I would have a word with the doctor/ostomy nurse to put your mind at rest; it's probably just some light bruising.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Bill
Jul 03, 2024 9:48 am

Ouch! I remember it well: Grandchildren, dogs, and sometimes my own carelessness. However, never any long-term harm and, upon reflection, I would rather have that relatively positive experience than the thought of being ignored or avoided.
Best wishes

Bill

w30bob
Jul 03, 2024 9:44 pm

Unless your nephew hits like Mike Tyson, I'd say you'll be fine. At 6 weeks, you're still a bit tender, so what you're feeling is normal. Try not to get beat up by 4-year-olds anymore, and if you do, at least protect your abs!

;O)

Welltree
Jul 04, 2024 4:38 am
Reply to Ben38

Thank you. Good to know others have survived much worse 🤣🙏

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Welltree
Jul 04, 2024 4:39 am
Reply to Bill

Thank you for your reply. I'm happy to finally hear from other ostomy people. 🙏

Welltree
Jul 04, 2024 4:40 am
Reply to w30bob

I had to dodge the 5-year-old a week later; he was coming at me too. 🤣 Thanks for the info. I'm still tender, but the reversal is in a few weeks! Can't wait.

warrior
Jul 06, 2024 1:24 am

I have not had the pleasure of being around young kids like you are. Wouldn't it be funny if you managed some sort of steel protection to prevent it from happening again? And you could say you are the woman of steel indeed. Ha ha. Their jaws would drop, but it might open you up for more tummy hits when you are not protected. Oops.

What I do get are these adults who have to touch you. You know, tap your belly area as you stand next to them? Like they need your attention, and tap, tap, tap that area...constantly...repeatedly?

Right on the stoma head.

This is the ultimate "piss me off" situation. It's one thing if they aren't aware of your stoma, but if they are aware and...tap tap you. I ask them if they ever got shit-faced being sober.