Feeling Sappy

Replies
Views
Sven
Jul 02, 2013 8:34 pm
So, for some reason, I'm feeling kinda sappy today. Like, want to cuddle with the beau and eat popcorn, watch a chick flick, and whisper sweet things, sappy. And this bothers me because I don't do sappy things like that. Throw him against a wall and kiss him passionately, play videogames and curse his name when he wins, gloat when he loses, yeah. But I don't cuddle or watch girly movies, and I don't think I should eat popcorn, yet. Augh, it's just aggravating. I mean, he's the soft and loveable type, most of the time, so it's not like he wouldn't want me to hug up on him or anything.

But, at the same time, we've not been together very long, and from the moment I got out of surgery he has treated Steve like he treats George--because what girl doesn't name her period at one point or another? To the beau, Steve is another thing that happens. Steve isn't bad. In fact, Steve is a good thing, which the beau will ask about at least once every day. "How is Steve?" "Is Steve doing okay, today?" "Steve hurtin' ya?" It's the exact opposite reaction I expected from him because he is so easily disgusted by mold, sicknesses, bugs, and the like. I would have thought that having a literal Bag of Crap hanging from my stomach would have been a complete turn off, a total deal-breaker. But no. The beau hasn't changed a bit. He's been more than helpful and supportive, and has made it clear he is in it for the long haul.

I'm doing my best not to look too far into the future as far as this relationship goes. I won't say we're getting married, that he's The One, or anything of the sort. Life happens and nothing but Death is guaranteed--I would have said Taxes, too, but how many people in the government get out of being taxed, hmmm? So, I won't say those things. Won't even hope for them. I've had enough bad relationships to know that Forever is not a thing that can--or should--be promised, and promises like that are rarely kept, anyway.

Buuuutttt..... Still. For today, I will be a bum until he gets off work. When he drops by (we don't live together), I'll be content to hang out for a little while and play videogames, maybe say something sickeningly sweet, and let things be as they will be.

Augh. I am so glad he doesn't know I blog on this. Okay. I'm done being a sap now. I promise. Go on about your day! Hahaha. :P Have a good one.

Sven

Spiritual Living
Jul 03, 2013 5:46 am
Sappy, not crappy...is a GOOD thing. Keep living, loving laughing, girl friend!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.