Has Anyone Had Their Ileostomy Reversed Using the J-Loop Procedure?

Replies
Views
jcd3101
Jul 07, 2024 7:09 pm

Has anyone gotten reconnected after their ileostomy? I heard there is a J-Loop procedure. Jack D.

CrappyColon
Jul 07, 2024 8:18 pm

Hi, you'll find reversals and their success rates come down to many different factors. I had a loop ileostomy after a subtotal colectomy to allow an IRA connection to heal. I had gone through a bunch of testing before and after the first surgery to make sure we thought my body could handle the type of reversal I had. What I have is different from a J-pouch. You'll hear from more people who are trying/have had J-pouches than an IRA.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

IGGIE
Jul 09, 2024 4:09 pm

G-Day Jcd, I had a J-Pouch for 18 years after having all of my colon removed, but I had 18 years of big problems. I eventually told my surgeon to get rid of it and I went for a total ileostomy and got my butt sewn up as well. Best thing I have ever done. I now love my stoma and have for the last 3 years. Think hard about doing it.

Read all about JVM261; she is going through hell at the moment. Regards, IGGIE

jcd3101
Jul 17, 2024 3:11 am
Reply to CrappyColon

Hey CC - thanks for your input - I will have to research all those technical words you included. :) Cheers! Jack

jcd3101
Jul 17, 2024 3:14 am
Reply to IGGIE

Hey IGGIE,

Sobering input there. Thanks for sharing :) Cheers! Jack

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play