Hydrating Drink

Replies
Views
Justbreathe
Jul 11, 2024 1:35 pm

Login to see image

Login to see image

Watermelon, a large splash of lemon juice, and sugar - blend - “Bottoms up” or, for all ostomates, “belly-up.” jb 🍷

Jayne
Jul 11, 2024 3:15 pm

Watermelons are huge - or those shipped into the UK are ....

Bet you get quite a few 'cocktails' through your blender :-)

TY for sharing

~ ~ ~ ~ J ~ ~ ~ ~

PS
[Edit add. Q:]

Do you pip the melon - or do the blended pips lend something in addition to the flesh? Just asking, as I have no idea - I have never blended a melon - of any type - BUT I DO KNOW that honeydew, Galia, and other melons do make for a lovely base when liquidized without their seeds/skin. Another reason to ask is that I use melon seeds dried within my baking of bread - one of the varieties of multi-seeded baps - along with very many other seeds - but I am unfamiliar with watermelon seeds.

LOVE the rich color of WM :-)

Best,

J

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Justbreathe
Jul 11, 2024 7:45 pm
Reply to Jayne

Pips and Baps sounds like a great name for a band - had to "google" both….

This is a very small seedless watermelon also known as a "personal watermelon." They are the size of a rather large cantaloupe. Seedless is a misnomer as it has many small seeds…they go into my blender along with the chunks of pure melon I use. I set some chunks aside for snacking. I doubt the pips would be useful in baps, but I am thinking Bill could make a great poem using these fun words! 😁 jb

Megs
Jul 11, 2024 8:04 pm

I love the color of this drink. It looks very refreshing. Staying hydrated is important, and we ostomates have to be careful when drinking just plain water.

How do you find living in Florida and keeping hydrated?

I'm sipping coconut water at the moment. I have also made up the St Mark's solution.