Lazy Sunday ruminations

Replies
Views
Beachboy
Jul 23, 2024 8:24 am

Went to Orange County fair yesterday.  Ate a corn dog, BBQ chicken and Tri Tip.  Enjoyed a huge vanilla ice cream dipped in molten chocolate, then rolled in peanuts.  Was tempted by various oddities like fried twinkies and pickles.  But demurred.  Thinking Mr Stoma might be unamused.

Thus stuffed, shuffled off to the amphitheater to watch the Turtles Happy Together concert.   Great show. Old time hits from the 60's. 

Login to see image
Turtles

Login to see image
Final curtain call

Finally today, Monday... I have nothing I gotta do.  Received a text.  Would I be interested in consulting work?  Short answer: NO.    Long answer: Nooooooo.

They will be back.  Offering more money.  My friends still at the company fill me in on latest gossip.  Management has discovered I'm not so easy to replace.  Oh well.

I have important stuff to do.  Stray Cats and Boy George concerts next month.  Then LaJolla cove vacation with a visit to San Diego zoo.  Las Vegas trip coming up in October to see Foreigner at the Venetian.  December driving trip to Monterey, Cambria, and Santa Barbara.   Caribbean cruise next March with 10 days driving around Florida.  I'm too busy to work. 😉

Login to see image
The weasel napping

HenryM
Jul 23, 2024 8:34 am

Hey BB, are you saying you'll be driving around Florida?  Let me know if you have any questions, as I''ve lived in the south, middle, and now north part of the state.  

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

alcamden3777
Jul 23, 2024 11:48 am

That all sounds fantastic and good for you to say no to work and prioritize self care!  I do hope you post about the traveling, I am planning to restart traveling again soon and hoping to travel internationally 2026/2027.  I need all the tips I can get, I haven't flown since before 9/11 and I know things have changed since then.  I will also be traveling with diabetic alert service dog so I have more research for international laws and service  dogs also.

Please post pics, the ones from the concert are great!

IGGIE
Jul 23, 2024 1:36 pm

G-Day BB, It's great to see you have taken to retirement to the max, good on you mate enjoy life. Regards IGGIE

Beachboy
Jul 23, 2024 1:38 pm
Reply to HenryM

Hi Henry,

Florida is such a diverse, wonderful state.  Our upcoming trip will be our 6th.  We're flying into Miami.  Picking up our car rental, then driving to Marco Island.  After a few days there, we drive to Homestead.  Visiting Everglades National Park, Shark Alley, and "Robert is Here" for Key Lime shakes.  Then it's off to Hollywood Beach for a few days exploring Fort Lauderdale and hanging around the beach.  Our Cruise departs Fort Lauderdale for Aruba, Curaçao, and Grand Cayman.  Nice cruise with 4 sea days.  

Previous trips have taken us to Sanibel Island, Cocoa Beach, Orange City for Blue Spring state park, Kennedy Space Center, Tampa, Naples, Fort Myers, St Augustine.  And the Overseas hiway to Key West, stopping at various Keys along the way.  We usually go in late February to mid March.  My wife loves the drive from Miami across to Marco Island.  Takes me forever to get there... we gotta stop so she can look at birds, alligators, or the occasional Manatee.  

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
Riva
Jul 23, 2024 3:17 pm

Right approach for sure.   Make every day count .  Enjoy , enjoy , enjoy.   Remember to stay hydrated lol. 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Beachboy
Jul 23, 2024 5:20 pm
Reply to Riva

Oh yeah... I make sure to sip hydrating drinks during the day.  I already had one "pass out, fall down, go boom" episode.  Though I did get an entertaining ride in a Paramedic ambulance.  My wife was not so amused.

Beachboy
Jul 23, 2024 5:46 pm
Reply to alcamden3777
Beachboy
Jul 23, 2024 6:37 pm
Reply to alcamden3777

More pictures from Happy Together concert

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image