Large Stoma Support - Seeking Belt/Bag for 100mm Wafer

Replies
Views
kayakkaren941
Jul 28, 2024 3:15 am

Does anyone know of an ostomy support belt/bag that will accommodate a 100mm wafer? I haven't found any big enough. I need it for support, to stop sweating from the pouch against my skin (I live in Central FL near the Gulf), and for swimming.

The large pouch I use doesn't have any belt tabs.

Hisbiscus
Jul 28, 2024 3:30 am

Have you tried a Corsinol Stomasafe Plus ostomy support garment? I used to just make a little slit in the already cut-out hole on the bottom layer where the bag goes through, only because that hole was too small for my bag wafer.

Also, Coloplast makes a Brava ostomy support belt that you can cut the hole out yourself, and they include a template to cut the hole. They run small, so order much bigger. I use a 2x size, but I'm only 147 pounds and 5 ft 4 in tall, just to give you an idea, but there is room to grow in case I gain weight. Then with the Brava, you can wear a maternity support wrap over the top under your bathing suit. This is not an ostomy bag belt but a support belt for your belly and protection against hernia as well.

The Brava belt is more sturdy than the Corsinol.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Beachboy
Jul 28, 2024 6:04 am

What wafer/bag are you using? Is it a two-piece or one?

Nu-Hope Corp. makes high-quality belts with lots of options. These belts fit over your wafer/bag flange, under the bag. You need a prescription from your doctor to order them from your ostomy supplier. Your ostomy supplier should be able to walk you through all the options available. Note: Medicare does not cover ostomy belts. I have many Nu-Hope belts. Nu-Hope is in Pacoima, California.

Stealth Belt also has ostomy belts for active people. Their belts securely hold bags in place. Look them up on the internet.

Amazon has lots of belts. It's a little hard to ascertain if a particular belt will fit you. But most belts are cheap, so if they don't work, you can return them or donate them.

Also, check out Stomagear.com and Stomagoggle.

Justbreathe
Jul 28, 2024 11:16 am

Hi Karen... I am in hot ole' Florida as well, and right now it is brutal. I struggle with any support belts or hernia belts as everything seems way too bulky and uncomfortable. I am in the pool a lot, and my bathing suit (or bathing costume as my English relatives call it) holds all my gear in place. When I dry off, I dry my pouch and sometimes put powder under the pouch for comfort. As far as clothing, I wear tights (3/4 length in the summer) with a long top. I find the tights are great support and the long top covers the "fugly" stuff. Good luck in your search... jb

aTraveler
Aug 09, 2024 6:00 pm

Does the 100mm refer to the entire barrier size — ring plus flange, or just the ring? If your ring size is 4", Nu-Hope does make a belt with a 4" ring size.

Login to see image

Login to see image

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play