Ostomy Pouch Liners 4x2x12" - Where to Buy?

Replies
Views
Babe
Aug 02, 2024 9:22 am

Hi, I'd like to know if anyone here is using 4x2x12" Ostemy Pouch Liners. I've used them since 2007 and they're fabulous! I'm having trouble finding them for sale lately. Any ideas?

IGGIE
Aug 02, 2024 2:43 pm

Can I please ask why you would want to use a pouch liner? I can imagine as you're removing the liner from the bag, your stoma decides to act up, and now you have shit all over the place. Why not use a two-piece and just empty the bag from the base? It just seems like an extra job to do and not good for the sewer system, as I believe you drop them in the toilet. Everyone to their own, but not for me. Regards, IGGIE

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

w30bob
Aug 02, 2024 6:14 pm
Reply to IGGIE

I'm not going to speak for B, but liners make sense if you have a sealed (non-drainable) pouch, as you don't have to toss the whole ostomy bag away if you have one output. That can get very expensive very fast. If you're wearing a drainable bag, then I'd agree with Iggster and have a hard time seeing the benefit. We all just need to remember that not every ostomate got their ostomy for the same reason you or I did, or has the same output quantity and regimen. Hence the variety in ostomy products.

As for B's question, there are many manufacturers of bag liners that should be interchangeable. Meaning as long as they have the same size opening that fits your barrier opening, the actual shape of the bag shouldn't make all that much difference, as it will conform to your outer ostomy bag. You might even want to check out the cheap Chinese bag liners on AliExpress or Amazon (who just gets them from AliExpress and doubles or triples the price).

;O)

AlexT
Aug 03, 2024 8:21 am

Those things have to be horrible for sewer lines. I can understand if you're throwing them in the trash. Well, not really, but it's better in my small brain than into the sewers. 🤷‍♂️