Revel It's in the Bag Lubricating Deodorant Review

Replies
Views
Diverticulitissucks!
Aug 31, 2024 11:36 pm

Hi fellow Osteomates... Has anyone tried Revel It's in the Bag lubricating deodorant? It is by far the best I have used since starting this journey. I ordered samples from RevelOstomy.com, and they arrived at the perfect time. I had a lot of "blowouts" because of the pancaking. I used the samples and haven't had a "blowout" since. I highly recommend the product and hope you do too! Thank you! Love this group... Lots of information for newbies!

Justbreathe
Sep 01, 2024 12:01 am

Hey - great tip and thanks for posting. I currently use a dash of baby oil but will give this a try! jb

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Beth22
Sep 01, 2024 12:39 am

Hey, thank you. I have never heard of them before. I just checked out the website and requested a sample.

AlexT
Sep 01, 2024 7:40 am

Not sure if my insurance would cover that since it's a private company, and since I don't have to pay for supplies, I'd probably never use it, but I may try the samples to compare to what I do use. Thanks.

Nini4
Sep 01, 2024 2:17 pm

I ordered a sample too. Thanks for posting. 

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Diverticulitissucks!
Sep 02, 2024 9:57 am

I paid out of pocket for mine... To me, it was well worth the added expense... I love the little travel size! Hope all that ordered samples are as pleased as I am... One less worry for me!

God bless each and everyone on our journey!

MsPriss
Sep 03, 2024 6:23 pm

I figured out how to prevent pancaking. Not a little air in the bag, a lot.

I'm currently experimenting with one-piece closed bags off Amazon (which I've been surprisingly happy with) - great for backup or emergencies for sure. Amazon can get them to me overnight for free. So, yeah.

Anyway, they are not vented, so they do balloon. There is just all this whole open space for my output to flow right down (I do use a squirt of lubricating deodorant in the bag, even though I'm not squeezing it out, for the deodorant? Pancaking? Idk. Anyway, my stoma flows freely with no restriction with this bag. No pancaking.

I may swear off filters after this. Or use the stickers to “close” them until I need to vent it.

ETA: And for at home, after a while, there is a nice little air pillow protecting your stoma…just, ya know. All that colon air :D

Penguins7
Sep 04, 2024 12:57 pm

Thanks for the information. I mostly use baby oil, but if this works for several bag dumps, it is a game changer for when I go out.

I ordered a sample and will see how it goes. Stay well, everyone! Penguins7

AlexT
Sep 13, 2024 5:15 am

I put the first sample in the bag tonight, can’t wait to poop now. 😁 

MsPriss
Sep 13, 2024 11:57 am

I tried my sample yesterday. 

It was indeed probably the easiest empty - I’ve been sampling closed bags - so going back to drainable I was pleasantly impressed with the lubricant. Definitely performed better than the lubricant my supplier sent with my bags last month. 

Nini4
Sep 13, 2024 1:22 pm

I used my sample this morning. I agree, easy empty. I've ordered a bottle and the travel size  to keep in my purse.

AlexT
Sep 14, 2024 9:45 am

Definitely slipperier inside the bag, even after rinsing. Kind of left an “oil slick” in the toilet water. As far as a deodorant (I only tried the unflavored one they sent me), I think it needs a lot of improvement. As far as a lubricant, it's slicker than snot and lasts longer than the Adapt stuff I've been using, especially after rinsing my bag with water. If my insurance would pay for it, I'd probably switch, but for now, I'll stick with my free supplies.

Justbreathe
Sep 14, 2024 10:35 am
Reply to AlexT

Thanks for reporting back… always interested in new product results… jb

Justbreathe
Sep 14, 2024 10:36 am
Reply to MsPriss

Good to know… thanks! jb

Justbreathe
Sep 14, 2024 10:37 am
Reply to AlexT

Was waiting to hear - with nose plugs on...jb

AlexT
Sep 16, 2024 5:31 pm
Reply to Justbreathe

I did order 1 each of the flavored ones to try. The lubricating part of the product is by far better than any “regular” ostomy lube I’ve tried. I’ll update once I get the new ones. Also, it’s probably not cost effective for them, it would be ideal if they offered single use ones to use regularly that come in all 3 flavors. They do sell a 5 pack of single use ones but they’re just unflavored and most people would go thru those in just a few days. 

Nini4
Sep 17, 2024 2:40 pm

I love this stuff. It works better than anything I've used. It definitely helps with odor, lasts through several empties, and helps when flushing.  

wannababrit
Sep 18, 2024 11:09 am

Thank you ever so much for this product recommendation.  I just ordered a free sample.  Although I have pretty much mastered everything involving my ostomy, there's still a bit of room for improvement.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.