Stomaversary

Replies
Views
Charleston man
Apr 19, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to say that as of today I've had my ileostomy for six years. Doesn't seem that long ago that I was knocking on Saint Peters door. So glad that I had the procedure. It has 

really given me my life back. After a grueling 5 years with an aggressive Ulcerative Colitis it feels so good to not have to worry so much about eating, going out or looking for that ever elusive loo. I can now eat, drink and be Merry. Though I do have to be careful with what and how much I do eat I can still EAT the foods I enjoy. i haven't let this little Rose bud take control over me. I've named him Junior, and right now I'm the boss. Yes there are times that he wants play the bully, but I handle him very well. To me it's the mind over matter thing. I don't mind so it doesn't matter that I have a stoma. Life must go on and I haven't looked back since. Looking to see another 6 years. I keep a positive attitude and that seems to be working very well. As ostomates let's keep thinking with positive attitudes. With that said everyone have a Wonderful day and or evening.

Charleston guy

Bill
Apr 20, 2016 5:19 am

Happy stomaversary! May you always stay positive.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

kbd
Apr 23, 2016 9:51 pm

Happy Stomaversary!

LadyHope
Apr 25, 2016 2:42 pm

Happy Stomanniversary!  LH

Ewesful
Apr 28, 2016 1:23 am

I so agree with your attitude-- I just passed my 3rd anniversary....

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play