What's tougher: Being an Angels fan or having a stoma ?

Replies
Views
Beachboy
Sep 20, 2024 9:51 pm

Woe is me.  Angels slide into last place in the American league West.  Big star Mike Trout has been on the IL nearly all season, and he ain't coming back.  Game last night against the Astros was an error filled torture.    Like poking pins in my eyes.  In contrast, my stoma is behaving itself and committing no errors.  Mrs B wants to watch the game tonight at Marie Callendars.  I'll have to sooth my ruffled feathers with a Chicken Pot pie followed by a Chocolate satin slice 'O' pie.  Trout who?????

CrappyColon
Sep 20, 2024 10:08 pm

Could be worse… could be a long suffering Cubs fan surrounded by Guardians fans (ya I have a picture lol) 😜

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

HenryM
Sep 20, 2024 10:31 pm

Login to see image

Here's your answer, my boy.  The good LA team.  Can you say:  6 for 6, 10 RBIs, 3 HRs, 50/50 +??!!!

Beachboy
Sep 20, 2024 11:32 pm
Reply to HenryM

The Boys in Blue are doing great.  World series.. here they come.

🇦🇺 Jo
Sep 21, 2024 12:34 am

Way back in the 90's the first baseball game I attended was at Anaheim stadium between the Texas Rangers and the "California" Angels (why did they change the name to the Los Angeles Angels - isn't that the Angels Angels?! 🤔)

Coming from a land where "boring as buggery" cricket is played it was definitely way more entertaining than that, but the entertainment came more from the aspect of people watching and how much food can be consumed during a sporting event, never seen a tray of nachos quite that large before! 🤣  

I did enjoy the organ music and fireworks after a home run - it was then I knew I was definitely in the US of A (and I loved it)! 🇺🇸🦅

https://youtu.be/CZ7O-4sy08c?si=8W0ZGlqbfIEqupiu

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Beachboy
Sep 21, 2024 8:57 am

They lost again last night against the Astros.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  They now have 92 losses.  Could be worse I guess.  I could be a White Sox fan.  

Angels started out so well too.  The 1961 California Angels own the best record by an expansion team in its inaugural season at 70-91.  

But this season, they resemble the fabled 1962 NY Mets.  The Mets suffered 120 losses that season.  Pitching staff turned in a 5.04 ERA, a mark no team would exceed over the following quarter-century.  Their 210 errors are the most by any club in the Expansion Era (since 1961).