Post-Surgery Bloating One Year After Colostomy

Replies
Views
Bagatha Christie
Sep 29, 2024 11:02 am

Hi lovely people out there. A year after my surgery I have started to feel bloated and feel pressure on my rectum. I have also started passing wind through my bottom. Has anyone else experienced this?

Justbreathe
Sep 29, 2024 4:22 pm

Omg…best name ever! Sorry, no help from me on your question, but I had to comment on your name 😁. jb

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

TerryLT
Sep 29, 2024 8:07 pm

Yes, best name ever!  What you describe does sound very strange to me.  The bloating and pressure could be lots of things, but gas passing through your bum doesn't seem possible.   I would consult with your ostomy nurse or doctor.  Let us know how you make out.  Good luck.

Terry

Beachboy
Sep 30, 2024 1:38 am

I concur... best name ever!

I've had a colostomy for 18 months. Only substance exiting my bum is the usual mucus. Sometimes a lot, mostly a little. Occasionally, I go 4-5 months with nothing coming out... then it starts again.

"Wind" coming out would be unusual. Consult with a doctor. Get diagnostic scanning. A CT or ultrasound.

Ever since I woke up from surgery, I've felt good. No long-term pain, bloating, or trouble.

I'll relate one funny thing that happened to me. About 2 weeks after surgery, I was watching TV. Suddenly felt the urge to pass some gas. So I relaxed the old bum and pushed... totally forgetting my bum was no longer connected to my colon. Needless to say... huge mess. Mucus. The joys of having an ostomy.